The MT-07 Forum

Scorpion EXO-ST1400 Carbon Helmet

Cruizin

I just tried one of these on, damn it's a nice helmet. Light helmet, comfortable too. 

scorpion_exost1400_carbon_helmet.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Full face helmet ready to tear up the canyons and dominate the highways.

It has a built in sun visor  and it's ECE and DOT approved with Snell pending-being tested, but if a helmet passes ECE, it should pass Snell. 

This might be my next street helmet. 

topazsparrow

That's a really good price point for a full carbon helmet.

I loved my Exo-500 for the price I paid (150 CAD 50% off). But like most scorpion helmets, it's really hard to find tinted / colored visors for them - they'er almost always out of stock, and expensive.

The internal visor is awesome, I don't think I'll ever use another helmet without one.

Had to dig a bit for the weight listing, but its: 

scorpion_exo_st1400_carbon_helmet_black_
WWW.SPORTBIKETRACKGEAR.COM

Purchase the Scorpion EXO-ST1400 Carbon Solid Helmet from SportbikeTrackGear.com. Get the lowest price, free shipping deal, easy exchanges and no restocking fees -...

listed at 1380 grams, which isn't the really that light actually...

Fortunately, carbon fiber is becoming more affordable. My offroad helmet is carbon and I scored it for around $160 on clearance (last years colors).  Even a small difference in weight is more noticeable than I thought it would be! The weight of this helmet is on par with my AGV K5 that also has an internal sun visor. Definitely not the lightest out there, but that's pretty good considering price + features in this lid. 

450g = 1lb. So even just 50-100g savings is noticeable.

35 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Fortunately, carbon fiber is becoming more affordable. My offroad helmet is carbon and I scored it for around $160 on clearance (last years colors).  Even a small difference in weight is more noticeable than I thought it would be! The weight of this helmet is on par with my AGV K5 that also has an internal sun visor. Definitely not the lightest out there, but that's pretty good considering price + features in this lid. 

450g = 1lb. So even just 50-100g savings is noticeable.

Yeah, the lighter helmets usually aren't comfortable and have zero features. And this helmet looks bad ass in person. Speaker pockets, cool shield, drop down sun visor, great padding.  These kinds of helmets are usually way heavier. 

Archived