The MT-07 Forum

RED LIGHT NOT BEING ACTIVATED.

fastfredyb

• Premium Member

Like what @phyciocc has said, try to find the detectors – In SoCal, most of the ones I encounter are circular. Get into the center of the circle, having your front tire touch the top, and the back tire touch the back. That usually works.

If not, I've had a friend who'd put his kickstand down and try to place as much weight onto the bike (still within the circle) to help trigger it.

I don't know if weight really matters, but with the CBR250R, I had trouble triggering a few. The FZ07 has no problem… maybe the 50lbs it has on the CBR help?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• 5 months later...

Spent a summer putting these in actually, usually at least in Georgia and Florida the signal for lights going straight are 7.5 x the speed limit in feet back from the stop bar. And are a 6 foot by 6 foot box with 45 degree cuts on the corners, the wires are around 2.5 - 3 inches deep. Running the concrete saw I got cutting em down to 5 minutes per loop with a faster crew I'd have gotten it cut and installed in 15 minutes. That's a story for another time.

. The turn lights are 40 footers with 3 lines but the wires actually in a 8 patterns forget how far past the stop bar these start but usually are a few feet in front of the bar I think 6 feet then 40 feet back from that I only put 3 of these inx but a lot of the time if a motorcycle can't activate it it's because of where you stop and how you stop. Never tried the oil plug trick but figured I'd comment on the size and actual workings of these.

If a light ever changes with no one in a turn lane it's because the installers left the wire to close to the top of the asphalt and the wire has been damaged.

I've found that if you stay in left or right part of the lane, not over center, that will help trigger those. I believe the metal coil in the road Is about the size of a hula hoop.  

I've found that if you stay in left or right part of the lane, not over center, that will help trigger those. I believe the metal coil in the road Is about the size of a hula hoop.  

This :)

Archived