The MT-07 Forum

Oh No...more bar end mirror questions

effzee07

• Premium Member

Hi All....I did some searching but couldn't really find much...other than the 1 thread about the round mirrors.

I would really like to find a way to mount these, but can't find the real reason they won't work....does anyone know why these won't work, or how to get them to work? Thanks!!!

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ZX482K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A82XG4DR30PH7

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

I'd honestly mount them the same way as the round mirrors. Remove the mount from those, slip the stock bar ends through these and use a spacer on the bar end so that the mirrors are sturdy.

Looking at them, I'm trying to figure out how the mounting works. I think I understand it... It appears as though as you tighten the bolt, it compresses what seems to be a rubber spacer, causing the rubber to expand radially and thus clamping to the inside of the bars. I don't see a reason why this would not work in concept, unless the implementation is just poor as one of the review comments indicates and the rubber just doesn't tighten them down adequately. The concept is similar to many other "universal" bar-end mirror mounts, though I can't say I've seen rubber used like these do. I can see that loosening up over time, even if you get a nice tight fit originally.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Archived