The MT-07 Forum

FTECU Quickshifter issues on 2018 MT07

208MT07

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

A quick update, finally got ECU back from 2WDW after the USPS took over a week to get to me one way. As it turns out I was not crazy and didn’t do anything wrong as far as the quick shifter working. From 2WDW:

”Greg,

We were able to replicate and resolve the issue on our test bike. I truly can't begin to explain why what we did worked, because it shouldn't have. The FTECU software has a huge bug in it right now, because the oldest firmware available for the FTECU Quickshifter module is the only one that works for some reason. I have to call FTECU on Monday before I can go into much more detail, because I doubt they're even aware of the issue.”

So I was correct all along but I was able to finally get it back together and take for a ride 2 days ago before it snowed again 🙄. Finally another smile on my face as it worked again! Supposed to warm up at the end of next week so more seat time coming. 

The update is much appreciated. 

• Like 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 3 months later...
Spitfireorca

So was the entire process worth it to finally get a quick shifter on the bike? It’s been a few months now that you’ve had it. Any thoughts? 

• 1 year later...

Hello To my MT/FZ07 Fam.,

Okay so I’m sure you know what this is about because of the topic. Anyways yes my FTECU QuickShifter is not working anymore. FTECU has already sent me a new shift sensor, so I know it’s not that, I also have made sure the shift rod is in its correct position, and I just ReFlashed my bike witch means all the wire into the ECU are in theee correct right or wrong do I need to check the wiring, if so what do I check, I see someone already replied about where the wire go, I just want to get to the bottom of this because the FTECU really makes the bike a whole anthor experience! With that being said, I need help guys?? Also wanted to clarify a few question I have, first being does it matter the way the sensor is positioned(up and down) is screwed into the rod? Also I saw a video on Brock performance saying something about having the chain tighter than normal, could that be it? to use the AutoBlipper is all I have to do is flip to the black and green wire for pulling or do I need to reflash in order for it to work? Thanks again fam. And advice is much and highly appreciated!

Edited by TRIPSS HILL

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a silly question, but I’m new-to the world of quick shifters. Worth it for street riding? Can you still clutch up with no issues? 

8 hours ago, PMT-07 said:

Probably a silly question, but I’m new-to the world of quick shifters. Worth it for street riding? Can you still clutch up with no issues? 

I personally don't think it's worth it for the street, given their cost. I guess it comes down to what you're willing to pay for the extra smiles.

I find it to be a benefit on the track. The 07's gearbox is not the slickest around and the quickshifter does reduce shifting time, every bit of gain can help at the track.

It doesn't affect clutching up for wheelies.

I've not ridden an MT07 with a QS yet.. but one will be going on mine asap.

24-200x200h.jpg

You're purchasing complete Full Race Unit system to fit the selected model.In the kit you will receive a Dual Motion shift sensor which...

I had one of these fitted to the wifes ZX6R last year and it's absolutely exceptional, both on road and track. I also had the MT09 QS fitted to my XSR900, which again was absolutely great fun. Yes, even on the roads.

I'll be fitting one of the above to the MT07 once it's run in.

I test rode a FZ 09 with a quick shifter. It seems that through the years I've developed a habit of getting my toe ready to shift, so I was constantly activating the quick shifter prematurely by accident, which is kinda rough on the bike. They don't operate like a paddle shift where you just choose gears, you have to have some speed up and be on the throttle to use it. I did give it a try under hard throttle blasts and it works, but otherwise it felt in the way and I can't understand the usefulness of one away from a dragstrip. Street riding, you're gonna have to be on the ON the throttle EVERYWHERE, or your gonna be abusing your transmission. My whole life has been a constant exercise to produce smoother inputs on the bike ( especially shifting in corners) and banging a quick shifter negates that. 

If it were a function you could turn on and off on the fly so you could have some fun with it occasionally, Id play with it here and there. Otherwise it just feels in the way.

Edited by shinyribs

56 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

I test rode a FZ 09 with a quick shifter. It seems that through the years I've developed a habit of getting my toe ready to shift, so I was constantly activating the quick shifter prematurely by accident, which is kinda rough on the bike. They don't operate like a paddle shift where you just choose gears, you have to have some speed up and be on the throttle to use it. I did give it a try under hard throttle blasts and it works, but otherwise it felt in the way and I can't understand the usefulness of one away from a dragstrip. Street riding, you're gonna have to be on the ON the throttle EVERYWHERE, or your gonna be abusing your transmission. My whole life has been a constant exercise to produce smoother inputs on the bike ( especially shifting in corners) and banging a quick shifter negates that. 

If it were a function you could turn on and off on the fly so you could have some fun with it occasionally, Id play with it here and there. Otherwise it just feels in the way.

Well you can turn it off and on. By using the clutch