Sign in to follow this  
kilroy

Finally back on two wheels!

kilroy

Hi All,

Been riding since the late '80s, either on the pillion behind my dad or on cousin's dirtbikes. Got my first bike in 2000 (Vstar 650), bulked up to a Victory Vegas in 2005, then caught the race bug. Picked up an R6, turned it into a track bike, and traded the Vegas for an R1. Rode and raced until 2011 when I had a blow out in my spine. Gave up racing, sold the R6, but held on to the R1. Spine got worse and had to have surgery, and didn't think I'd be able to ride again, so sold the R1. Got better, wife had a kid, then I suffered another round of spinal issues and surgery. Long story short, 7 years (almost to the day) I'm finally back on two wheels and a proud owner of a 2018 MT-07 in matte grey/hi-vis yellow. 

I've had it about 10 days now and just clicked over 250 miles earlier today. Couldn't be happier! Looking forward to getting back in the community, which is the 2nd best part about being a motorcycle owner. 

Cheers!

IMG_5069.jpg

• Like 5

NRWhiteKnight

Welcome back to two wheels, two wheeled adventures, and the forum!!  👍

• Like 1

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard