The MT-07 Forum

Passanger Pillion peg removal.

babu719

I have an 2016 fz07, has anyone used this pillion pegs on their bike? Trying to find cheap options to remove my passenger pegs without needing to remove the reflectors.

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

A footrest blanking plate is suitable if you remove the pillion pegs and hanger. With this set you can block off the holes visible after removing the...

7 hours ago, babu719 said:

I have an 2016 fz07, has anyone used this pillion pegs on their bike? Trying to find cheap options to remove my passenger pegs without needing to remove the reflectors.

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

A footrest blanking plate is suitable if you remove the pillion pegs and hanger. With this set you can block off the holes visible after removing the...

Those look correct. PRice is right, go for it and report back. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Axelsioland

Hi! Just installed this exact kit from that vendor, and it looks and works great! The only thing I would wish for would be black bolts, but it’s not a huge deal.

ghbcfSk.jpg

Edited by Axelsioland
  • Like 4

On 4/6/2019 at 12:03 AM, Axelsioland said:

Hi! Just installed this exact kit from that vendor, and it looks and works great! The only thing I would wish for would be black bolts, but it’s not a huge deal.

ghbcfSk.jpg

Thanks! I just got mine in today after few weeks of waiting but works as described and I do agree with you, wish they were black bolts5ED11015-2149-47E3-B4DC-C39A836D6C9A.thumb.jpeg.50edc350ed33e5bc7ba3526423eadf4d.jpeg

Just installed mine from the same vendor.

Not clear at all to me why you need the blanking plates when you can just as easily stick $2 black plastic push-pins into the unused holes and it looks just fine.  I used the stock bolts to hold the brake fluid bracket (along with my Yamaha saddlebag bar holders) - that I do like and it alone justifies the purchase price.  If I were a machinist I could of course fab it myself...

• Like 1

Axelsioland
14 hours ago, timjh said:

Just installed mine from the same vendor.

Not clear at all to me why you need the blanking plates when you can just as easily stick $2 black plastic push-pins into the unused holes and it looks just fine.  I used the stock bolts to hold the brake fluid bracket (along with my Yamaha saddlebag bar holders) - that I do like and it alone justifies the purchase price.  If I were a machinist I could of course fab it myself...

That is absolutely true, and it might even look better since the stock bolts are black. If I feel like it I might throw some paint onto the kit bolts, but since there are a lot of unpainted bolts on the bike overall I might not bother.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I tried removing these rear passenger foot peg mounts but I can’t even get them off. Are there reverse threads?Hello everyone. I tried removing these rear passenger foot peg mounts but I can’t even get them off. Are there reverse threads?

@Dylan C Standard threads as far as I know, perhaps the guy on the assembly line had a heavy hand that day, or perhaps the bolt is indeed cross threaded.  Either way you'll probably just need more leverage and perhaps a light tap or 2 to break them loose.

• 1 year later...
firstyammerha

does anyone carry passengers with this bike? I believe they are like the mirrors- something to satisfy a government transportation regulation. I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a longer foot peg set up that would allow a passenger to extend their legs. 

• Global Moderator

I occasionally use my passenger pegs when I am riding.  It is especially nice when I am at highway speed as it is more comfortable to lean forward and have my feet back. 

On 4/8/2019 at 3:27 PM, babu719 said:

Thanks! I just got mine in today after few weeks of waiting but works as described and I do agree with you, wish they were black bolts5ED11015-2149-47E3-B4DC-C39A836D6C9A.thumb.jpeg.50edc350ed33e5bc7ba3526423eadf4d.jpeg

What did you do to black out the top of your forks? I like that, looks nice.