The MT-07 Forum

New Canadian FZ Owner

keiver12

Hello all!

Bought my first FZ back in February here in Nova Scotia, 2016 with only 4500km on the clock(2800miles), finally got out for the first ride yesterday as the weather finally reached 5 degrees Celsius for the first time(been -20 for a while now) and the DOT laid off the salt for a day or two lol. 

First impressions were very positive and I can see how this bike is going to be a lot of fun as I take it to school with me around the city.

The forum has been a huge help so far and I look forward to contributing!

(ignore my friends 09 as he made the wrong choice)

20190303_162446.thumb.jpg.0775ce62146c190af4c0c2351e84b237.jpg

Just now, keiver12 said:

Hello all!

Bought my first FZ back in February here in Nova Scotia, 2016 with only 4500km on the clock(2800miles), finally got out for the first ride yesterday as the weather finally reached 5 degrees Celsius for the first time(been -20 for a while now) and the DOT laid off the salt for a day or two lol. 

First impressions were very positive and I can see how this bike is going to be a lot of fun as I take it to school with me around the city.

Welcome on board.  At least your buddy was bright enough to get a Yamaha. You, on the other hand, have clearly demonstrated your superior intelect.

42 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

Welcome to the forum fellow Maritimer.  I live in Saint John, NB.  Where in NS are you?

About an hour past Amherst but I spend my summer at school in St John's. However, hope to find some fellow riders in both places!

55 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Welcome on board.  At least your buddy was bright enough to get a Yamaha. You, on the other hand, have clearly demonstrated your superior intelect.

Why thank you, I have told him exactly this many times

topazsparrow
4 hours ago, keiver12 said:

Hello all!

20190303_162446.thumb.jpg.0775ce62146c190af4c0c2351e84b237.jpg

Woo! I'm heading that way in May! Wanna swap bikes for a week? You can ride mine in Southern Interior of BC! hahah

33 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

Woo! I'm heading that way in May! Wanna swap bikes for a week? You can ride mine in Southern Interior of BC! hahah

I have heard very good things about riding in that area! I am looking forward to riding in St. John's, very hilly and lots of good rural coast roads.

What brings you to the east coast?

topazsparrow
25 minutes ago, keiver12 said:

I have heard very good things about riding in that area! I am looking forward to riding in St. John's, very hilly and lots of good rural coast roads.

What brings you to the east coast?

Never been beyond Alberta and I don't want that to be my only impression of Canada outside of BC haha.

We're there just in time for lobster season. Rented some wheels for a week and we're just gonna tour around. It looks absolutely beautiful there.

Any suggestions on things to do or see? And good Rock climbing around?

25 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

Never been beyond Alberta and I don't want that to be my only impression of Canada outside of BC haha.

We're there just in time for lobster season. Rented some wheels for a week and we're just gonna tour around. It looks absolutely beautiful there.

Any suggestions on things to do or see? And good Rock climbing around?

Assuming you mean Nova Scotia? If so:

Lobster season is a good time, try and find a fisherman to sell you some right off the boat. I live in a fishing village and its the only way to have them. 

Annapolis valley is beautiful, Wolfville is a really good stop. Lots of brewerys and winery's to visit.

Best drive in the province is obviously the cabot trail and will make you want to do it on a bike!

Cant say i know of much rock climbing here though

Overall a really great place to visit!

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, keiver12 said:

Yeah, you really should make better friends. 😁

Congrats! I wish you speedy spring warm up.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived