The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Japan

tarmacjapan

tarmacjapan

What's up guys. I ride a 2019 MT-07. It's customised a bit to look more retro. Also I've started doing a Motovlog showing some of the amazing roads here in Japan.

Ive got two videos on YouTube now. Check for tarmacjapan if you have time. I'll stick a link on the forum when I'm allowed to. For now here's a pic of my bike...

cool.jpg

tarmacjapan
17 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Welcome and congrats! I do like the fork boots and headlight. Nice bike!

Thanks buddy. The fork boots are from an SV650 and the headlight is intended for a Harley ;)

I'm watching one of your videos right now and I can tell your Harley headlight is slowing you down.

😋 I'm kidding, that's just a Harley joke that I couldn't pass up. We tend to dog H.D.'s a bit around here but the light is nice, I really like it.

Beemer

tarmacjapan

Haha. Trust me it's nice and light. I didn't weigh it but for sure it's lighter than the stock Yamaha headlight. Please give me a like or share or sub if you can. Trying to grow the channel a bit

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, I watched your first video, where in Japan are you?. It's interesting to see the roads, the ride, and scenery, I can tell you have an English accent (Easy). What's the story behind all of that? you don't have to answer, I'm just curious.

I like the look, classic headlight and fork boots are something I can imagine to do too.  But I can't find any mirrors  ^^ 

tarmacjapan
On 3/15/2019 at 8:53 AM, fzar said:

Welcome to the forum, I watched your first video, where in Japan are you?. It's interesting to see the roads, the ride, and scenery, I can tell you have an English accent (Easy). What's the story behind all of that? you don't have to answer, I'm just curious.

Well...been here 10 years. Started off working as a mechanic for a racing team, then kinda just stayed. Got married to a Japanese lady, had kids, got a mortgage etc. Haha. 

I'm located in Nagoya. Kind of a nothing city. Big and full of industry like Toyota cars, Mitsubishi aircraft, Boeing etc. But it's pretty boring. 

Some sick roads within A few hours ride though.

Hoping to make a new video tomorrow, so if it it doesn't rain, I'll upload soon and link it.

tarmacjapan
On 3/16/2019 at 2:38 AM, ElGonzales said:

I like the look, classic headlight and fork boots are something I can imagine to do too.  But I can't find any mirrors  ^^ 

Mirrors....waiting to use a friend's lathe so I can machine some bar end mirrors to fit the woodcraft style clip ons. The size is weird!

tarmacjapan
On 3/16/2019 at 4:07 AM, mt7fan said:

Wellcome. How popular is MT07/Fz07 in Japan?

To be honest I never see them. Since I got mine I've only seen two more....see plenty of mt09 though....but as I said above. My state is kind of lame. Very conservative...around here it's all Harley's and small Japanese bikes

Archived