The MT-07 Forum

Track Trailer....

blackout

• Premium Member

My brother's 5x8 aluminum trailer that I will use to go to the track this year.  The past two years I used the family's motorhome, but that'll be sold at a loss with the divorce sadly.  No need for it anymore.

0311191658.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I miss the freedom and convenience of my 6X10. Get a easy-up, small generator along with your favorite chair and it doesn't get any better trackside. Add an air matress, cooler and a buddy and you can pick a track 5 states away, woot!

20160327_190724.thumb.jpg.dadbb681c8089cc347e5e889d776b914.jpg

• Premium Member

A small generator is next on my list.  

I'm gonna pull this with my 2009 Chevy Cobalt.  It has a manual shift, so I can pick the gear I need and not have to worry about over heating the tranny.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Just now, blackout said:

A small generator is next on my list.  

I'm gonna pull this with my 2009 Chevy Cobalt.  It has a manual shift, so I can pick the gear I need and not have to worry about over heating the tranny.

You should be in fine shape. That looks like an aluminum trailer so loaded you should be under 2000# easy. I like these new Predator generators from Harbor Freight. They are very nice and my 3500 watt has been dead reliable and more quite than my old Honda (and 1/3 the price). Several of my buddies have this smaller version and it rocks too;

62523_zzz_500_1.jpg
WWW.HARBORFREIGHT.COM

Using built-in inverter technology this inverter generator produces a cleaner power curve ideal for sensitive electronics.

• Premium Member

The dealer said it weighs 550 pounds.  Hard to believe it is that light, but it's definitely lighter than a steel framed trailer.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

firstyammerha

I had trailers years ago but had so many problems with flat tires, lighting failures and fenders coming loose and falling on the tire that I picked up a old high mileage Ranchero and used a 2x8 to load two RM's in it. Before the Ranchero, my wife's Pinto pulled the trailers ( very slowly). Thinking about that Pinto being passed by Semi's going uphill brings a smile to my face.

Archived