HoosierInBayern

Constands center stand and stock exhaust

HoosierInBayern

Hi, I just picked up my new, for me, 2015 MT-07.  I purchase a centerstand here in Germany, manufacturer is Constands.

I held it up and can't for the life of me unterstand how it will fit over that fat OEM exhaust. Anyone have any experience with it?

It "looks" a lot like the SW Mototech center stand.  It's supposed to fit Yamaha MT-07 13-19 and MT-07 Tracer 16-19. The picture is

of a Trace, so that's no help.  Just unsure before I unpack it.

DewMan

I wasn't aware that anyone other than SW-Motech made a center stand for the FZ/MT-07. Several of us have the one from SW-Motech and have had no issue using it with the stock exhaust and "most" aftermarket exhaust options. It's nice to know there's another safety certified option for the MT-07 finally.

Pictures of the Constands model are difficult to come by but you can compare the one you have with the link to the SW-Motech above and compare. I'd specifically compare the amount of dip in the cross brace and the size of the foot pad since the footpad on the SW-Motech is where it's run into issues with at least one aftermarket exhaust.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out and we want pictures of your bike too. 😀✌️

HoosierInBayern
Posted (edited)

False alarm. Sorry. I unpacked the center stand and noticed:

• there is a dip on the cross brace
  • the 2 mounting plates lower the attach point of the centerstand.
  • looks almost identical to the SW Mototech stand

It seems to be of good quality. I'll post pictures.

How do people support the bike for installation?

Edited by HoosierInBayern

DewMan

There's no reason it can't be installed just from it sitting on it's side stand as long you don't mind laying on the ground to work.

(edit) OH wait! do I remember having to removed the side stand to install the center stand? if so I recommend the Venom motorcycle LIft stands or something like it. PItBull are the best brand but they're quiet pricey. the Venom stands are a quality alternative that are more cost effective. If you plan on doing most if not all you own maintenance and upgrade they'll be money well spent.

PS: if you get the Venom stand make sure the kit come with the 10 headlift pins since you'll need the 21mm(?) pin for the MT-07. If you get a kit without all 10 pins you'll need to buy the Venom Headlift Pins Kit #2 .I understand I posted US amazon link but I'm sure you can figure out if they're available in your country.