The MT-07 Forum

CarbonSmith (RE)-Introduction

CarbonSmith

CarbonSmith

Just wanted to post again after my first post was deleted a little while back.  My name is Ryan and I own CarbonSmith, which is small business that I started last year offering carbon fiber additive manufacturing prototyping.  We exclusively use MarkForged Composite Machines that are capable of producing real fiber reinforced parts. Kevlar, Carbon Fiber, High & Low Temp Fiberglass are the current fibers available.  We also have access to Metal X, which is a Atomic Diffusion Additive Manufacturing (ADAM) Machine that is 3D printing 17-4 PH Stainless and H13 Tooling Steel.  We have been working on parts for the FZ07 ever since we started our company and have a history of racing twins.  I myself am an accomplished racer in the MRA and have set lap records in the UL classes on my CBR500R. My background stems from drag racing and an education from UNCC in Motorsports Engineering.  Our lead engineer is my father, who is the author of CadQuest CREO College Textbooks and a private engineering consultant for TYCO.  We hope to have a bunch of new stuff available for the racing and trackday community in the near future. 

Cheers, 

Ryan S.

13 minutes ago, CarbonSmith said:

Just wanted to post again after my first post was deleted a little while back.  My name is Ryan and I own CarbonSmith, which is small business that I started last year offering carbon fiber additive manufacturing prototyping.  We exclusively use MarkForged Composite Machines that are capable of producing real fiber reinforced parts. Kevlar, Carbon Fiber, High & Low Temp Fiberglass are the current fibers available.  We also have access to Metal X, which is a Atomic Diffusion Additive Manufacturing (ADAM) Machine that is 3D printing 17-4 PH Stainless and H13 Tooling Steel.  We have been working on parts for the FZ07 ever since we started our company and have a history of racing twins.  I myself am an accomplished racer in the MRA and have set lap records in the UL classes on my CBR500R. My background stems from drag racing and an education from UNCC in Motorsports Engineering.  Our lead engineer is my father, who is the author of CadQuest CREO College Textbooks and a private engineering consultant for TYCO.  We hope to have a bunch of new stuff available for the racing and trackday community in the near future. 

Cheers, 

Ryan S.

Hello @CarbonSmith 

Moderators, I am ok with this company talking about their products because they are a racing parts company, they do not sell road bike parts.  We want to support the MT07 racing community and I will not be forcing thes eguys to become a supporting vendor, unless they choose to.  

No need to delete this post or warn @CarbonSmith .  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, CarbonSmith said:

Cheers, 

Ryan S.

Glad you are back!  :)

17-4 PH stainless, strong F'ing stuff.  I had scrap laying around from another project and decided to use it for a simple L bracket.  Tough stuff to bend!! 

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

CarbonSmith
15 hours ago, blackout said:

Glad you are back!  :)

17-4 PH stainless, strong F'ing stuff.  I had scrap laying around from another project and decided to use it for a simple L bracket.  Tough stuff to bend!! 

Thanks!  It is amazing how light you can make a stainless part now with ADAM.  At 38% infill, most stainless parts are 15% lighter than cnc 6061.

• Global Moderator
19 hours ago, CarbonSmith said:

Cheers, 

Ryan S.

Welcome dude

Can't wait to drool over your stuff

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

CarbonSmith
3 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Welcome dude

Can't wait to drool over your stuff

Thank you! Here are some photos of our current projets...

IMG_20190106_190957.thumb.jpg.7c766fcd61d5989541e9ebcc8e06b69c.jpgIMG_20190307_114451.thumb.jpg.50e13d97912bed3920d9995517be4708.jpg

IMG_20190106_191032.jpg

IMG_20190114_132623.jpg

• Global Moderator

i'll be honest, i can only tell what 2 of  those parts are 

• Global Moderator

so, vert support, airbox "ram-air", sensor bracket, cluster bracket,  metal piece a fairing stay?
and the box thing a seat bracket? 
doesnt explain the disc though

CarbonSmith

Airbox, Gas Cap, Detachable subframe, gauge cluster adapter (for a Graves GSXR1000 faring stay), R6 seat support, and front potentiometer bracket.

• Global Moderator

noice

• 1 month later...

You guys looked great. Best looking bike/pit/operation of the weekend. Had a great back and forth battle with Draik too in race 2, nice. It's great to see the class take off, biggest grid of the weekend! It's also nice to see innovation and diversity in the class. There's some solid talent out there, especially in the top 10 spots.

I look forward to meeting and talking to you at Road America if you're gonna be there. I'd love to talk shop, intakes, testing, data or just nonsense. We've just concluded some extensive intake testing and come up with very interesting data.

😊

CarbonSmith
4 minutes ago, firstyammerha said:

@CarbonSmithI was lurking around the CBR500riders site last week and saw a posting where a CB500 had won its class at Daytona this year. Was that you?

We are sponsoring the Jones Honda Team that won that race.  We are developing some intake solutions for the CBR500 that is currently being used in MotoAmerica as well.  The CBR500 Superbike that won that race at Daytona was equipped with our velocity stacks and superbike air filter.

firstyammerha

neat stuff @CarbonSmith. Good luck on the track and with your future products. I couldn't find anything on the web regarding this CB. As a closet Honda guy on this website, I still keep up with that brand and model.

• Global Moderator
21 hours ago, firstyammerha said:

neat stuff @CarbonSmith. Good luck on the track and with your future products. I couldn't find anything on the web regarding this CB. As a closet Honda guy on this website, I still keep up with that brand and model.

You don't need to be in the closet

All types are welcome here.... Except trolls... Those nasty buggers with the rainbow hair and that imperceptible smile ...

Archived