Carpetbombing

Mupo fork internal upgrades - any first hand experience?

Carpetbombing

Mupo sells a FZ-07 Hydraulic Kit (their version of cartridge emulators) for under $200 and full cartridge system (22 caliber, they call them) for under $600. I'm talking with Lee at Lemick Racing about these two options. There is very little english language chatter on the internet about Mupo. It sounds like most of the competing options have some shortcomings. Has anyone seen these in person? How well designed / engineered are they? Has anyone ridden these?

I have complete 2018 forks on my 2015 FZ-07, so the .92kg/mm springs should be about right for my 230lb weight - the emulators would work well for me with the stock springs. I think I'll be the guinea pig on this one, but I'm really on the fence about the 'Hydraulic Kit' emulators vs. the full cartridge kit for 3x the cost. I have a K-tech Razor-R on the back that I just installed; I haven't even ridden it yet.

Anyone? Thanks!

• Like 1

topazsparrow
Posted (edited)

The race tech emulators are well received by most street riders on the forums here. Not quite "race ready" but considered by @pattonme to be the "80%" solution or something like that.

Edited by topazsparrow

Carpetbombing
Posted (edited)

I had RT emulators decades ago on a Suzuki Bandit 400. I was happy with them then. I'm just curious about the Mupo option. Maybe they're better in some way? My suspension guy recommended the Andreani cartridge kit, but after reading up on those here, it's clear engineering choices differ between brands, and some are markedly better than others as turnkey street solutions. The cost is more or less the same (emulator to emulator or cartridge to cartridge) and I'd rather get the 'best' one for my money. I don't know enough about the finer points of valving methods, etc. to differentiate. The two Mupo options look interesting.

Edited by Carpetbombing