The MT-07 Forum

TST front signals/running lights

Mxbuddy

Anybody run these or have any recommendations on front led signals with running lights? Just looking for a quality led front signal that'll keep the running light function. 

TSTINDUSTRIES.COM

The TST MECH-GTR turn signal is a high-quality upgrade available to for the Yamaha FZ / MT line. Get personalized color and aggressive styling. Shop TST!

21 hours ago, Mxbuddy said:

Anybody run these or have any recommendations on front led signals with running lights? Just looking for a quality led front signal that'll keep the running light function. 

I currently have them on my MT07 and I am pleased with them. They are alot smaller than the pumpkins that they replaced but with that being said they are plenty bright given the size. The running light is not as bright as the turn signal so keep that in mind if that is a deciding factor. TST's customer service is top notch and they stand behind their products in case of an issue. Check out there install video to get a glimpse of how they look when operating. 

The reviews on it look good, you could probably find more elsewhere other than on their site. I have a TST taillight that is nothing short of awesome, I highly recommend one of those as well and as mentioned, their customer service is great! GL!

Beemer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I have these, just put them on and they look great.

Having an issue on my scoop LEDs but trying to figure out how to fix them.

@Goose1072 Just reading the literature on those LED strips and they state that they "over power" for the amber function, so it could very well be the flash rate is too fast to allow for the power function to cycle completely.  I don't know nothing about electrical and those things, so it's just my layman's perspective from reading their literature.  An led flash relay is cheap and easy to install, so you're out virtually nothing to give it a try.  Good luck.

bartman5impson

@Goose1072 Do you have a flasher relay? That should fix the fast blinking turn signals. Fixing that might help the problem with your scoop leds.

"All in the eye of the beer holder." Studies have shown that a faster flashing light gets peoples attention quicker (like a strobe light would) and that's not a bad thing on a bike. It's a personal choice, a slow blinker isn't a must.

• Like 1

Beemer

7 minutes ago, Beemer said:

"All in the eye of the beer holder." Studies have shown that a faster flashing light gets peoples attention quicker (like a strobe light would) and that's not a bad thing on a bike. It's a personal choice, a slow blinker isn't a must.

It is illegal. You can't pass inspection. It sure gets the cops attention too.

5 minutes ago, pegasus46 said:

It is illegal. You can't pass inspection. It sure gets the cops attention too.

I see! I guess it depends on where you are. There's no state inspection where I'm at and cops don't mess with me. There are some laws that aren't enforced either. Take Jesse Smollett for example. 😉

Beemer

2 hours ago, Beemer said:

There are some laws that aren't enforced either. Take Jesse Smollett for example. 😉

Only if you are a rich celebrity. Most of us aren't.

Ha!

Paul Harvey: Only if you are a rich celebrity. Most of us aren't … and that's the rest of the story.

Beemer

• Premium Member
On 3/26/2019 at 11:29 PM, Zephyr said:

@Goose1072 Just reading the literature on those LED strips and they state that they "over power" for the amber function, so it could very well be the flash rate is too fast to allow for the power function to cycle completely.  I don't know nothing about electrical and those things, so it's just my layman's perspective from reading their literature.  An led flash relay is cheap and easy to install, so you're out virtually nothing to give it a try.  Good luck.

I ordered the relay and should be here by Saturday to try out. I read up on the LEDs as well and thought it would be the hyper flash which I really like. No issues here in NYC with the hyper flash as well....YET.

I have rear LEDs too but not as bright so might consider upgrading those if these work out nicely.

Thanks, 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I want to do the same - TST LED lights and the LED strips in the scoops.  I couldnt find if you were able to fix the flash issue in this forum.  What was the issue?

Thanks,

Mark