ilikegladpandas

questions about handlebars.

ilikegladpandas
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I thought i posted this already, but it doesn't show up, so feel free to delete if that's the case.

Anyways, I got a chance to get into some real twistys yesterday and i noticed that I hate the bar position for cornering. I was looking at some drag bars, but I was concerened that they would hit the tank. Does anyone know if this is the case? 

Also if anyone is successfully running drag bars, what brand do you run?

I read about Renthal ultralows giving much better front wheel feel also. is there a cheaper bar comparable to that which someone has tried?

Edited by ilikegladpandas
fixed spelling errors

bornagainbiker

Something like these might work for you.  Also, just type handlebars into the search box on the top right of most forum pages, and it will return quite a few helpful threads on the subject.

7-8in-superbike-sport-handlebar-satin-bl
FORTNINE.CA

Purchase the EMGO 7/8in. Superbike Sport Handlebar at Canada's Motorcycle. Free shipping and Easy returns.

• Like 1

ilikegladpandas

I was looking at those bars, but I'm afraid it'll still make me sit too high, I'm a pretty tall dude at 6'1".

I have done a ton of research on bars for this bike, just looking to get other's opinions on questions i didn't find answers to.

gregjet

Big yes for Renthal ultra lows from me. But then I like them on most bikes. Put expensive ( and heavy ) Woodcraft "clipons) on.  Better feel and feedback when chucking it around , but unpleasant everytime else. I changed back to the ultra lows. Ultralows  also are vibration absorbing.

Of course they do need to fit your ergos to be a good pick

tonerco

I'm running the EMGO drag bars. The master cylinder clamp hits the tank on the right side, but the bars can only move about another 1/16" until full lock. I could move it, but I'm too lazy. I'm also 6'1" and like the position of the drag bars, but ended up ordering some adjustable rearsets to go with them to fix my leg position. 

ilikegladpandas
On 3/13/2019 at 8:27 PM, tonerco said:

I'm running the EMGO drag bars. The master cylinder clamp hits the tank on the right side, but the bars can only move about another 1/16" until full lock. I could move it, but I'm too lazy. I'm also 6'1" and like the position of the drag bars, but ended up ordering some adjustable rearsets to go with them to fix my leg position. 

I also ended up ordering the emgo bars. It is possible to mount them so they don't hit the tank, correct?

tonerco

Yes, they can be. I've seen pictures of it. Also, you'll probably need to sand down the paint on the throttle side of the handlebars. The paint was too thick for the throttle tube to rotate freely when I got them. 

ilikegladpandas
2 hours ago, tonerco said:

Yes, they can be. I've seen pictures of it. Also, you'll probably need to sand down the paint on the throttle side of the handlebars. The paint was too thick for the throttle tube to rotate freely when I got them. 

Yeah, I figured I'd have to do that. Thanks for your help mate.