The MT-07 Forum

Missing foot peg part

NoobieMT

81B6BB68-3EC3-4787-8209-3BA2A3A8D52B.thumb.jpeg.0678d70fd11663b9b25ed2a394f4cefc.jpegI noticed recently the little slider sort of part on the underside of my peg has disappeared, maybe nicked or just fell off. 

I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find the part or what it’s even called, I will attach a pic.

image.jpg

• Premium Member

I must be misunderstanding because I don't see anything missing from that footpeg or the feeler.

Unless you're showing us what's missing from the other peg?  If so the Feeler, because it lets you "feel" when you're your peg is about to touch the ground when your lean angle is getting high, The rod screws into a threaded hole in the bottom of the footpeg. If you're missing the one from the other side hopefully it just vibrated loose and unscrewed itself, if not its likely broken off with only the threaded section of the feeler still screwed into the bottom of the peg which can be a pain to get out since it doesn't have anything to grab on to. You'll notice the flat sections on opposite side of the feeler for using a wrench to loosen or tighten it.

If that's not the case then feel free to ignore everything I just said. 😁

P.S. many people don't like the feelers and remove them on purpose but that's a choice each should make for themselves.

FYI: the manual just calls it a "bolt" and the part # is show below
footrest.thumb.JPG.3582313a18ffe498640220448fcacf21.JPG

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Yeah I’m just showing what is missing, now I know it’s a feeler I will buy a new one, thanks for the help 

Archived