The MT-07 Forum

Wont start

Flick!!

Hi.I have my mt07 for nearly a year with no problems..It has been housed inside and charged all througout the winter but when I went to start it today there is just a clicking sound coming from under the seat..Checked battery with volt metre and seems to be ok.What else could it be?All help greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance

Just now, Flick!! said:

Hi.I have my mt07 for nearly a year with no problems..It has been housed inside and charged all througout the winter but when I went to start it today there is just a clicking sound coming from under the seat..Checked battery with volt metre and seems to be ok.What else could it be?All help greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance

Put a charger on it and clean the connectors with a piece of emery cloth and she'll snap right off.

Agree with the others. Starter motors pull a lot of amps, so even if your battery is reading 12v, you might find that when you press the starter that this drops right down. But also it's definitely worth cleaning the connectors since you've had the bike for a year (assuming it was brand new?) and a battery should last longer than that. If you bought it second hand, then it may just be that the battery is cactus.

• 3 weeks later...
firstyammerha

I'm on the original battery with 3 1/2 years of use at about 1000 miles year and  had no  battery issues. The bike sits for a week or two between rides and gets charged during the winter about once a month. I must be living right.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, firstyammerha said:

I'm on the original battery with 3 1/2 years of use at about 1000 miles year and  had no  battery issues. The bike sits for a week or two between rides and gets charged during the winter about once a month. I must be living right.

Hey, man! Off subject but you and flick are looking like twins so I thought I would lend you and F to help out with that and it's a beauty! lol!

thCTWC03KK.jpg

Beemer

firstyammerha

Hey Beemer. I just had to throw my 2 centavos in regarding my battery life. it seemed like other posts had the diagnostics scenario covered.  

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

I hate when you read an old thread and there is no conclusion.  So, who was the killer?  :)

BTW, was the bike in gear with the side stand down?

Marco

38 minutes ago, phyciocc said:

I hate when you read an old thread and there is no conclusion.  So, who was the killer

Maybe he got it started and rode off...

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, firstyammerha said:

Hey Beemer. I just had to throw my 2 centavos in regarding my battery life. it seemed like other posts had the diagnostics scenario covered.  

This is a little old now but I'm curious, did you ever use that letter "F" I threw out there to use as a new avatar??? (drum roll!)

Beemer

firstyammerha

Very artsy craftsy, but frankly the site issued one is good enough for me right now. Maybe when I get bored I'll update it.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, firstyammerha said:

Very artsy craftsy, but frankly the site issued one is good enough for me right now. Maybe when I get bored I'll update it.

And that day was yesterday apparently?

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, firstyammerha said:

roger Raayoni. Beemer had a point and I had time so here we go...

Good choice, nice pic!

Beemer