The MT-07 Forum

New Ruroc ATLAS Helmets

Laben

@Laben @sorkyah @Zephyr

Not sure if you guys read my update.  I redid the review, and putting the update information on this new post.

After my initial review, I didn't think nothing more and had to pick up and start the second phase of my home renovation.  I was busy for a full week and I had no clue @Conrad replied in this topic, and he also reached out to me in email. 

It turns out he sent me out a new helmet without even my knowledge- by the time I saw his email the new helmet was on its way to me.

He had sent me one size larger helmet in gloss white.  It was definitely very comfortable but it was too large for my head.  All the fit and finish issues were not there, the helmet was perfect.  The color.  The gaskets.  Everything.  The visor opened with one hand.  The helmet was perfect.  I would've loved that helmet but it was too large.  He sent me over a return pdf, I returned it, and to my surprise, days later received a Medium size in gloss white.

First let me say my first (original helmet) medium was starting to break-in, and was starting to feel better.  Was still tight but at least it wasn't causing me all the pain I initially had.

Well, for some reason, this new Medium size he had sent me is perfect.  It goes off and on easily- absolutely no pain.  The helmet is a perfect fit.  It doesn't wobble.  It isn't tight.  I don't know why my initial helmet was so damn tight but the new one I received fits great.  Perfect fit and finish.  Perfect paint job.  The new helmet is perfect in every way.

It would seem every single thing he posted in his reply wasn't just BS and he was speaking the truth.

I redid my initial review to reflect the corrected product.

This company is absolutely awesome with their customer service, I will support them no problem, probably the best experience I've ever had in 35+ years of being a consumer.

And @Laben specifically, I would now fully recommend the helmet if you are interested in it.  I'm actually very satisfied with the new helmet I received.

Edited by SkH
  • Like 2

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

@SkH So stoked that they went above and beyond to make things right for you!  I really am quite pleased for you and for them.  This means *to me* that they want to stay in the moto market, which can only end in better products for us.  I'll definitely be looking their way when I'm in the market for a new lid even if it's just to see how they're trying to advance the "game".

👍👍

Also that bit about the goggles for those who wear eyeglasses (myself) is new to me and interesting.  I've never thought about goggles since I have never lived in a cold climate, so the idea of isolating the glasses with goggles is intriguing.

Thanks for the update and for tagging me.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@SkH Glad to hear your updated review! The only thing holding me back now is weather or not the Bluetooth system can pair two helmets. I've been looking for a new helmet for the wife as well and would like to get a way to communicate without spending over $1,500.  My alternate would be the Icon Airflite with Cardo Packtalk.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another update.  Been using the replacement helmet for a few rides in the warm summer.  It feels great.  I think this is definitely my new favorite helmet.  Oddly enough, I'm enjoying the open wind feeling coming from the chin.  It feels like I don't have a helmet on.  BUT I received an update email from Ruroc saying they will be mailing new chin skirts to everyone who ordered a helmet, and it will be arriving June/July.  I don't know if my original April review had anything to do with that but regardless, that is awesome on their part.  Like I said, these guys have the best customer service I've ever experienced, and them mailing out a new chin skirt add on in the coming months for free is pretty damn cool of them.

And hopefully conrad doesn't mind this info, after the initial problems I had with the first helmet, the replacement helmet came with some nice freebies.  A deluxe helmet travel bag, and another comfy quick dry t-shirt.  Thanks once again @Conrad

Edited by SkH

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!