Keatodylan

Gas mileage after tune sucks

Keatodylan

Before my tune and akra carbon i was getting around 48-52 mpg average on the dash since tune and exhaust my dash now says low 30s. I am pretty hard on the bike atleast from a stop but i dont really go much over 60 most of the time almost all of my riding is city.

I got the tune from 2WDW and removed my snorkel and made sure to tell them I have an akra carbon and removed snorkel.

2018 if that makes any difference.

norcal616

The dash board MPG is kinda wonky... majority of us figure out MPG by miles accumulated between fill ups divided by amount of gas put back in... might have to do this a few times to get an avg... 

Your MPG drops after having the ECU reflashed... factory OEM mapping is on the slightly lean side to achieve emissions ratings and get high mpg... Reflashed the ECU tends to richen the map up for power/better reliability, smoother deceleration( deceleration injection turn back on)... 

MPG is also more dependent on your right wrist...

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Keatodylan
3 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

The dash board MPG is kinda wonky... majority of us figure out MPG by miles accumulated between fill ups divided by amount of gas put back in... might have to do this a few times to get an avg... 

Your MPG drops after having the ECU reflashed... factory OEM mapping is on the slightly lean side to achieve emissions ratings and get high mpg... Reflashed the ECU tends to richen the map up for power/better reliability, smoother deceleration( deceleration injection turn back on)... 

MPG is also more dependent on your right wrist...

Im aware of that but I was looking around the forum and people were saying they lost like maybe 5 mpg max, as i said im fairly hard on it sometime but I still think im pretty sensible with it, I rode just about as hard as i do now before the reflash/exhaust as well so i was only expecting that few miles drop, but ill keep track of it by fill up for a few times to see if the dash is accurate. Thanks

norcal616

Yeah 5mpg seems to be the avg loss... Also make sure your running on premium pump gas, IIRC thats what 2wdw uses... Also if you live in an area with summer/winter blends of gas- winter blend gas is not as good as summer blend gas... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Keatodylan
2 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Yeah 5mpg seems to be the avg loss... Also make sure your running on premium pump gas, IIRC thats what 2wdw uses... Also if you live in an area with summer/winter blends of gas- winter blend gas is not as good as summer blend gas... 

Im in California so i dont believe we have different blends, and I always use 91 because thats the best we can get at the pump here

• Like 1

Cruizin
6 hours ago, Keatodylan said:

Before my tune and akra carbon i was getting around 48-52 mpg average on the dash since tune and exhaust my dash now says low 30s. I am pretty hard on the bike atleast from a stop but i dont really go much over 60 most of the time almost all of my riding is city.

I got the tune from 2WDW and removed my snorkel and made sure to tell them I have an akra carbon and removed snorkel.

2018 if that makes any difference.

Almost anything you do to an engine to increase power, is gonna hurt MPG.  

Besides MPG, how do you like the tune? Like the extra power? Notice smoother throttle response? Anything good to say about it?   Because honestly, thousands have gotten their tunes from 2wdw on our forums, and none of us were thinking about MPG when we ordered our tunes and exhaust.  We do it for all of the other benefits that come with performance upgrades.  

• Like 2

Beemer

If it were a tune to improve on a stock bike (stock pipe) then you would have a legit complaint. Besides, being hard on the gas from a stop does not help. Try going easy from stops and be more gradual getting up to speed and see if that helps. GL!

Keatodylan
21 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Almost anything you do to an engine to increase power, is gonna hurt MPG.  

Besides MPG, how do you like the tune? Like the extra power? Notice smoother throttle response? Anything good to say about it?   Because honestly, thousands have gotten their tunes from 2wdw on our forums, and none of us were thinking about MPG when we ordered our tunes and exhaust.  We do it for all of the other benefits that come with performance upgrades.  

love the tune, im only making this post because I saw most people were seeing only about 5 mpg drop and im seeing around 10 mpg

cyow5

Are you going fully WOT or just heavy throttle?