The MT-07 Forum

A Blast From The Past

FZark07

I have owned this since new. I have had it covered up in various garages for the past 30 years. A few weeks ago I found out how much they are selling for now, so I thought it might be a good time to get it road worthy again......................and sell it! It was/is a blast to ride. You think the FZ is light!IMG_1600.thumb.JPG.b01bb83c558fb883caa9c663cb9f226f.JPGIMG_1601.thumb.JPG.2844498a5e164251495ee7762d6a2601.JPG

I used to foam at the mouth whenever I saw one of those but I never see them anymore. It's nice to foam at the mouth once again. 🤤  Two stroke blue smoke, baby! How much you letting her go for? How many miles? Ever been laid? 

Beemer

On 2/22/2019 at 5:05 PM, FZark07 said:

I thought it might be a good time to get it road worthy again......................and sell it!

Do yourself a BIG favor.... sell it on eBay. Keep your reserve very/ridiculously high, and see what happens. Riding season is coming up soon, so if you get it in at least decent running shape, you will make a mint on eBay. If it has the original tires, keep them on the bike.

The bike is in very clean shape, and as an original owner, you have a major sales advantage. I am sure there are a lot of very wealthy people waiting for a clean RZ350 to come up for sale  💰💰💰

Do the forum a favor, and post the eBay auction so we have the opportunity to bid on it.

Good luck!

8 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Do yourself a BIG favor.... sell it on eBay. Keep your reserve very/ridiculously high, and see what happens. Riding season is coming up soon, so if you get it in at least decent running shape, you will make a mint on eBay. If it has the original tires, keep them on the bike.

The bike is in very clean shape, and as an original owner, you have a major sales advantage. I am sure there are a lot of very wealthy people waiting for a clean RZ350 to come up for sale  💰💰💰

Do the forum a favor, and post the eBay auction so we have the opportunity to bid on it.

Good luck!

Thanks WanaB for the good advice.

I am kind of leaning toward Ebay. A few weeks ago there was a RZ on Ebay they were asking $9000 for it . Don't know if they got that, but I do know it was not stock, where mine is all stock except for the grips. And my mileage is only 8000 miles.

Thanks again.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:48 AM, Beemer said:

Ever been laid? 

That's kind of personal...

And of course he has.  He rides motorcycles.

14 hours ago, MT27 said:

I had the same bike. Bad thing about that bike is it made me really want a RG500.

2 bad we did not get those here.

make sure to post the RZ on  -

RARESPORTBIKESFORSALE.COM

We Blog the Best Online SportBike Classifieds Every Day!

Thanks for the heads-up on the site. Did not know it existed.

There are some awesome motorcycles on there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 7:46 AM, Beemer said:

Let us know when you've decided on a price. It may sell real fast on here.

Finally got it on Ebay. The hard part was trying to figure out how to get the link in this thread.

You will never see computer literate next to my name! :)

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

1984 RZ350 Yamaha Original owner. 8050 miles. Certified cashiers check only, or cash works. When check clears, I will send RZ. For those that are about to ask, yes I have the title. There is a small...

3 hours ago, FZark07 said:

Finally got it on Ebay. The hard part was trying to figure out how to get the link in this thread.

You will never see computer literate next to my name! :)

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

1984 RZ350 Yamaha Original owner. 8050 miles. Certified cashiers check only, or cash works. When check clears, I will send RZ. For those that are about to ask, yes I have the title. There is a small...

Looks like you figured it out. All you have to do is highlight the URL, click Copy come to a post and click Paste. 

Our beloved 07 reminded me of the feel of this bike when I first rode it.  Except that the forks actually turn the wheel at the same rate as the handlebars.

Imagine what you could do with a modern ECU controlled version of this bike with forks that were less limp.

If you haven't ridden one of these ( or even the 250) your motorcycling experience is seriously lacking.  You want throttle response...we got throttle response! Honestly the bigger Suzi and Yahhie overloaded the forks way too much I reckon. These at least you could control the flex a bit. Great real suspension for the time though.

The stock tyres are REALLY aweful though..really really really ( you get the picture)

You WILL miss it even if you don't ride it. Like selling one of your old guitars that you don't play anymore. Lucky purchaser..

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

5 hours ago, gregjet said:

Our beloved 07 reminded me of the feel of this bike when I first rode it.  Except that the forks actually turn the wheel at the same rate as the handlebars.

Imagine what you could do with a modern ECU controlled version of this bike with forks that were less limp.

If you haven't ridden one of these ( or even the 250) your motorcycling experience is seriously lacking.  You want throttle response...we got throttle response! Honestly the bigger Suzi and Yahhie overloaded the forks way too much I reckon. These at least you could control the flex a bit. Great real suspension for the time though.

The stock tyres are REALLY aweful though..really really really ( you get the picture)

You WILL miss it even if you don't ride it. Like selling one of your old guitars that you don't play anymore. Lucky purchaser..

Well, my motorcycle days are dwindling rapidly.

When I retired I bought myself a Miata, and I told the significant other she didn't have to worry about being tossed off the Miata.

I still love motorcycles, still have a '78 XS11 I bought new, and I hate to let the RZ go. But I would rather someone else enjoy it, instead of it being under cover in my garage.

Geez you go for the classics don't you...

A man of serious taste.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived