Jump to content
Mlou1224

Facebook voted, now what do you all think?! Favorite Exhaust Poll

Facebook voted, now what do you all think?! Favorite Exhaust Poll  

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Favorite Exhaust

    • Akrapovic
      23
    • M4
      0
    • Yoshimura
      5
    • Two Brothers
      2
    • SC Project
      1
    • IXIL
      0
    • TOCE
      1
    • Graves
      3
    • Termignoni
      0
    • Leo Vince
      0
    • Arrow
      1
    • Other (Comment)
      1


Recommended Posts

Mlou1224

You can see in the image attached I ran a poll on Facebook and over 250 people voted, most of which were for Akrapovic. Now I'm wondering, what's everyone's favorite exhaust on here? You can either vote for which one you currently have or which one you like best. 

 

Share your thoughts above! 

Exhaust Poll.png

Edited by Mlou1224
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin

Graves usually equals or exceeds Akra for horsepower.  Often for less money too. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616

Graves Exhaust...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benh972

Of course I picked the Yoshi because I bought one. Therefore it must be the best. I will elaborate and give some thoughts.

 

Yoshimura- One of the best bang for the buck name brand pipes. Nice weight savings, seems to be a popular choice so there is a lot of info out there. Very popular with the Japanophiles simply because there is kanji on it.

 

Two Bros-Similar to the Yoshi pipe but somehow less popular despite being endorsed by one of the most famous motovloggers on the FZ. 

 

Akrapovic- Good pipes famous for the quality of their metals and alloys. A bit spendy, but good stuff.

 

Graves-  Best reputation for craftsmanship, high quality materials but still spendy.  

 

Anonized Racing  the Ebay or Amazon special- Very cheap, so it is not going to look as swish as other choices.(You know that carbon is a sticker right?). I really could not tell you how it responds to fuel maps, but I think most who go this route probably do not bother. If your gonna tune the bike yourself, and know what your doing it could be fun to play with. Otherwise I personally think its wiser to pay some more for high quality brand that has been tested, mapped and analyzed more by knowledgeable people.

 

Stock- Cheapest option assuming your bike came with it. Stock exhaust is ugly compared to most aftermarket systems, though Yamaha did a good job of tucking the ugly part out of sight. If you wanna be sneaky or the Zombies have risen this is the quiet pipe you want.

 

Then too many other options for me to keep any kind of mental tabs on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs

Arrow! Because I love upswept exhaust!

 

V1VupZDl.jpg 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zephyr

I got the Akro Ti for the looks (tucked away) and the (smallish) increase in sound.  Without baffle it would be too loud, but the option is there if desired.  If I wanted performance, then Yoshi has a reputation for most HP gains.  I love the sound bites from YouTube of the M4, but it would be too loud for my tastes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer

I got my Akra C.F. because 'to me' it had both good looks and good sound. The same reasons I suspect most people bought theirs for. I certainly didn't buy it for racing or bragging rights knowing there are riders out there that could easily hand my ass to me with a much lesser pipe on their bike. It's for me and no one else.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DewMan

I voted for and installed the Akra-Ti primarily for it's minimalist look and that baffled growl to replace the factory sewing machine. The fact that it helps performance is only a plus.  

 

Secondary was the fact that since it's tucked up cleanly underneath it's less likely to take damage in a minor laydown and I'm less likely to burn my self on  a hot exhaust.

 

Not saying it's perfect... but it's perfect for me. ✌️

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208MT07

I voted for the Akra, as I'm a fan of underbody echaust and they have the best looking one, which I have(Akra Ti with carbon cap.) However I also like the quality of both 2 Brothers and Graves, if I was ever to change up the exhaust it would be one of those 2 brands I'd go with. 

Edited by 208MT07
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer

I thought it should be mentioned that this poll doesn't differentiate between the two Akrapovic pipes, the Ti and C.F. I suspect that the Ti would get more votes but how many more?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NiteRyder

+1 on the Ti/Carbon tip Akra exhaust....its next on my "Mod List"(and a ECU flash by 2WDW). May not be the loudest but it is the best looking the way it tucks underneath the bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WankyMcTugger

I did a lot of youtube "research" before buying my exhaust, and settled on the Akra Ti. I really like it. I put it on the bike with 0 miles, so I don't have stock to compare to, but I like the way it sounds. I feel it's loud enough without being too loud.

 

DylEz0N.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robbo10

I voted 'Other': For Yamaha standard (boring, I know!).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mlou1224
On 2/22/2019 at 2:30 PM, Cruizin said:

Graves usually equals or exceeds Akra for horsepower.  Often for less money too. 

 

I don't know if that's necessarily true all the time. Especially for the MT-07. Graves you'd be looking at minimum $1k. The cheapest carbon Akra I'm finding is listed at a little over $700. But I definitely understand what you're saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mlou1224
On 2/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, Benh972 said:

Of course I picked the Yoshi because I bought one. Therefore it must be the best. I will elaborate and give some thoughts.

 

Yoshimura- One of the best bang for the buck name brand pipes. Nice weight savings, seems to be a popular choice so there is a lot of info out there. Very popular with the Japanophiles simply because there is kanji on it.

 

Two Bros-Similar to the Yoshi pipe but somehow less popular despite being endorsed by one of the most famous motovloggers on the FZ. 

 

Akrapovic- Good pipes famous for the quality of their metals and alloys. A bit spendy, but good stuff.

 

Graves-  Best reputation for craftsmanship, high quality materials but still spendy.  

 

Anonized Racing  the Ebay or Amazon special- Very cheap, so it is not going to look as swish as other choices.(You know that carbon is a sticker right?). I really could not tell you how it responds to fuel maps, but I think most who go this route probably do not bother. If your gonna tune the bike yourself, and know what your doing it could be fun to play with. Otherwise I personally think its wiser to pay some more for high quality brand that has been tested, mapped and analyzed more by knowledgeable people.

 

Stock- Cheapest option assuming your bike came with it. Stock exhaust is ugly compared to most aftermarket systems, though Yamaha did a good job of tucking the ugly part out of sight. If you wanna be sneaky or the Zombies have risen this is the quiet pipe you want.

 

Then too many other options for me to keep any kind of mental tabs on.

Great response for people unfamiliar in the exhaust world! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mlou1224
On 2/22/2019 at 11:00 PM, shinyribs said:

Arrow! Because I love upswept exhaust!

 

V1VupZDl.jpg 

 

 

I wish we still retailed for them because I agree. Unfortunately, they became so hard to get in stock :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mlou1224
On 2/24/2019 at 10:00 AM, Beemer said:

I thought it should be mentioned that this poll doesn't differentiate between the two Akrapovic pipes, the Ti and C.F. I suspect that the Ti would get more votes but how many more?  

I was limited at 12 options in the poll and didn't want to take up 2 spaces from the same manufacturer, however, I too wonder what the difference in votes would be. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mlou1224
1 hour ago, WankyMcTugger said:

I did a lot of youtube "research" before buying my exhaust, and settled on the Akra Ti. I really like it. I put it on the bike with 0 miles, so I don't have stock to compare to, but I like the way it sounds. I feel it's loud enough without being too loud.

 

DylEz0N.jpg

Great looking bike, that color is definitely growing on me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mlou1224
26 minutes ago, robbo10 said:

I voted 'Other': For Yamaha standard (boring, I know!).

To each his own! Also, I'm running stock currently sooooo..... 

giphy (2).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mlou1224

I should also mention I've been eyeing the Yoshimura JP Exhaust. Being that we're a retailer for them, I may be able to get my hands on one. I really like the look of it compared to the US version! 

1506494070_3c8fd4227a371361fa298d0cd0a8fcd9.jpg

1506494070_cc42b5be64d94a2ea8dbe0c4fe3f655b.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs

That is a beautiful exhaust!! ^^ First time I've seen that.

 

 

Yeah, no one had them in stock when I bought mine. Ended up coming straight to me from Italy. It was a long wait, but very worth it!

9 hours ago, Mlou1224 said:

I wish we still retailed for them because I agree. Unfortunately, they became so hard to get in stock :( 

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cornerslider

I too, went with the Akropovic Ti... I did it for ONE reason- it's tucked under sooo nicely under the bike. I use my FZ-07 primarily for track duty, so it's one less thing to worry about if I have an "oh $hit" moment 🙄. I run the "Hordpower" intake, with his map on the PCV (which I HIGHLY recommend). He told me that with the baffle OUT, it can actually make slightly MORE horsepower..... I tried it, and discovered it was just too loud (I occasionally street ride it). I found a thread on this site for adding four (4) more 1/4" holes to the Db killer. I found it was a good balance to completely stock (Db killer in), to complete removal of the Db killer. When riding "in town",  you can keep it pretty quiet for cruising. You can also HAMMER the throttle, and let it holler if on a closed course!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.