The MT-07 Forum

Recent purchase - key on/off wiring

nwscoobie

Hey everyone I recently picked up a bike that was a theft recovery and just ended up replacing the main harness, everything pretty much plugged back in except they cut the ignition wires from the key specifically the red/brown/white they are the thicker wires. 

I found out where the red and brown plug in however I could not find anywhere on the bike where the white wire was cut. I do know the white wire needs 12v to power the blinkers while the bike is on. 

Not sure if any one has experience with this or if my explanation made sense but any help is appreciated. If anyone has an ignition laying around and see where that white wires goes that would be great. 

• Global Moderator

I do not know the answer but it might help to know if this is a US bike or not.  The rest of the world gets an immobilizer, which might have additional wiring to the switch. 

5 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I do not know the answer but it might help to know if this is a US bike or not.  The rest of the world gets an immobilizer, which might have additional wiring to the switch. 

Gotcha, yes the bike is US. The bike starts and runs fine now I have it wired with the key 12v I just want to find out where it should go, the replacement harness only has a 2 pin plug like the one that was originally on the bike. 

There is a possibility they were tied together but since the ignition wires were cut I can’t be 100% 

Archived