The MT-07 Forum

What Mirrors do you use?

captainkool4

I lane split a lot, every time I ride, so the stock mirrors were no good cause I constantly had to fold them in.  They do have great visibility though and I miss that about them, but can't see much through a folded in mirror!

I got the rizoma ones cause they don't come past the end of the handlebars, but I kinda have to choose : see a lot of shoulder, or see to the left and right, not behind me.

In order to see directly behind me I have to kind of tilt my head out five inches.

What mirrors are you guys using?

Rizoma One: 

rizoma_one_mirror_black.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Rizoma's One Mirror is a beautifully machined, classicly styled sight glass designed to be perch...

I use the CRG arrows and absolutely love them. They have detents so you can position the mounting arm 45° up and have the mirror rotated inwards. This way they won't protrude much past the bars, and you can see around your arm better. 

5 hours ago, cyow5 said:

I use the CRG arrows and absolutely love them. They have detents so you can position the mounting arm 45° up and have the mirror rotated inwards. This way they won't protrude much past the bars, and you can see around your arm better. 

ThinkN of going this route also. Do happen to have like a first person pic on the bike?  Im average build tired of just seeing my shoulders.

I have the CRG Lane Splitters. The mirrors are concave so you have a much greater field of view. I can see behind and to the side. They almost eliminate having to look over your shoulder but that's never a good idea when switching lanes. Things look smaller/further away but you get used to that. Better that you can see them than not at all. No more guessing at where all the cars are around you. What a relief! there's a link for them under accessories.

Beemer

14 hours ago, persydonkers said:

ThinkN of going this route also. Do happen to have like a first person pic on the bike?  Im average build tired of just seeing my shoulders.

I don't, but I agree with what Beemer said. I'm 5'10", 155lbs, and I also have mine positioned so my only blind spot is a tiny triangle a few feet behind my back where it doesn't really matter. You can also position them a little wide and then flip them up when you need more clearance. I don't lane split (Virginia) so I don't know if that would be a practical option or not. 

7 minutes ago, cyow5 said:

I don't, but I agree with what Beemer said. I'm 5'10", 155lbs, and I also have mine positioned so my only blind spot is a tiny triangle a few feet behind my back where it doesn't really matter. You can also position them a little wide and then flip them up when you need more clearance. I don't lane split (Virginia) so I don't know if that would be a practical option or not. 

Yea im in Washington so no plans on lane splitting. Awesome thanks for the details.

1 hour ago, Yasha said:

Here's my setup. Bar end mirrors with blind spot mirrors at the end.

MT4.jpg.f251edc383234be0acc693d04bd57454.jpg

Are those the CRG arrow mirrors or something else?

I use the ergo sport by Wunderlich. They sell them for BMW bikes but I had no problem fitting them on the mt-07.

The box I got had all the needed adapters. They are very adjustable and I have them a bit high to clear my shoulders and out enough to see behind without extending wider that the handlebar. I also lane split a lot, almost a necessity when commuting in Athens Greece, and I rarely have any issues because of the mirrors. Only issue with them is that they are not cheap.

https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/bmw-f-series/f-650-gs-from-2008/optics-design/mirrors/ergo-sport-motorbike-mirror-flash-23640-000.html

mirrors.jpg

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kyrtgr said:

I use the ergo sport by Wunderlich. They sell them for BMW bikes but I had no problem fitting them on the mt-07.

The box I got had all the needed adapters. They are very adjustable and I have them a bit high to clear my shoulders and out enough to see behind without extending wider that the handlebar. I also lane split a lot, almost a necessity when commuting in Athens Greece, and I rarely have any issues because of the mirrors. Only issue with them is that they are not cheap. 

https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/bmw-f-series/f-650-gs-from-2008/optics-design/mirrors/ergo-sport-motorbike-mirror-flash-23640-000.html

Be careful friend. Lane splitting can be hazardous in Greece it appears:

https://fz07.org/thread/11557/i-wrecked-my-2018-mt-07/

I

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

That was in Turkey but it doesn't really make a difference. Lane splitting is dangerous anywhere. Especially when the car drivers are not co-operative. Making the route from home to work takes about 25 minutes with the bike and more than an hour in the car. I try to split lanes mostly when the cars are stationary waiting for the traffic lights and be careful when I move between them while they are also moving. Of course, always in full gear, boots, motorcycle jeans, jacket, helmet and gloves.

Just a heads up but am I understanding people right? You don't have to lane split to use "Lane Splitters." It's just a name. They are still very nice to have regardless of whether you lane split or not because if you accidentally bump them against something they will fold back or if you drop your bike they will fold back and saaaaaave your mirror which means YOU save $$$. They fold up for winter storage in tight places also. Besides, although I love the looks of the arrows and they work well, I'm sure, the Lane Splitters stick out further to eliminate "arm in mirror" all together. It's a personal choice, gl with whatever you choose!

https://www.amazon.com/CRG-Hindsight-Lane-Splitter-Mirror/dp/B0037B90OQ

Beemer

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, persydonkers said:

Are those the CRG arrow mirrors or something else?

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:28 PM, Yasha said:

Here's my setup. Bar end mirrors with blind spot mirrors at the end.

MT4.jpg.f251edc383234be0acc693d04bd57454.jpg

I'm sure that works but why not just use a pair of convex mirrors and eliminate the blind spot mirrors? That way you only have to look into one mirror on each side. Side note: I see you got the new, improved tank sticker, awesome! 😉

Beemer

4 hours ago, Beemer said:

I'm sure that works but why not just use a pair of convex mirrors and eliminate the blind spot mirrors? That way you only have to look into one mirror on each side. Side note: I see you got the new, improved tank sticker, awesome! 😉

Couldn't find any convex bar end mirrors that I liked. 😁 

Even though the setup may seem busy, I have it set up so that I can easily see cars behind me in adjacent lanes . No longer need to turn my head for blind spots either when changing lanes. 👍

Archived