The MT-07 Forum

New rider

Avak

Hey guys I just picked up a traded in 2016 FZ-07 from a nearby dealer. I used to have a ninja 300 before this but that was 2 years ago and I haven’t been riding since that 300. Anyways, I’m just glad to be on two wheels again. I’m waiting for the weather here in SoCal to clear up so I can go out and practice I’ve gotten pretty rusty. Gear wise I bought some Dienese (however you spell it) gear from the dealer and my uncle said it was inadequate so he gave me his gear lol. I’ve noticed that the rear sets are right where you’d naturally want to put your foot down and as a shorter rider it’s very irritating. Also, the bike seems too upright to me and doesn’t make me feel in control. I constantly catch myself relaxing my legs on the tank and just getting too comfortable. Also my god is the headlight on this bike ugly. I’m really considering changing the rear sets, the bars, as well as a headlight swap with a MT07 or MT09 headlight. Don’t get me wrong I love the bike. The sound, the character of the engine, and the way most of it looks is awesome. Just wanted to share some pet peeves of mine. I’ve attached some pictures of the bike. The guy who traded it in but some work into it and for around the same price OTD as a ninja 400 I couldn’t say no lol. Thanks for having me!

745C4A2D-ED27-4F97-964D-4DBDDD2850B9.jpeg

E7AAA540-F116-4BCD-8ECC-9F2A47BE8306.jpeg

BECFB143-5309-4D39-8CBC-18B1C91762C1.jpeg

Welcome and welcome back to bike world! I assume you know you can also buy good looking tank panels. 

Edit: Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I just think it would look better if it were a blue camo pattern to match the frame and rims. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forum. I also had a Ninja 300 before the FZ, but I bought the FZ first and then sold the Ninja. So for a bit I had both. The FZ is even more upright, which I like because I feel I have a better view of the jerks I have to share the road with lol.  I seem to have to put more effort into looking at my dash and seeing my rpms.  The look down is more pronounced and the tach is not as informative at a glance. That being said the gear indicator is nice, because those low gears do not play on the FZ.

• Global Moderator

Welcome @Avak 

That bike looks familiar, I'm certain the previous owner was also on this forum

Might be able to look in this thread to figure it out and see the history

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

9 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Welcome @Avak 

That bike looks familiar, I'm certain the previous owner was also on this forum

Might be able to look in this thread to figure it out and see the history

What I thought, I know I've seen that bike before or is this instead the 2nd FZ-07 I've seen with that same digital, camo vinyl on the tank?

Beemer

• Global Moderator
11 hours ago, Avak said:

No way that’s dope, any idea on why he sold it?

I'm not sure who he was, but I remember the camo wrap, and the m4 exhaust

That thread should have the username via the vin and you can search for their posts

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:25 AM, Beemer said:

Welcome and welcome back to bike world! I assume you know you can also buy good looking tank panels. 

Edit: Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I just think it would look better if it were a blue camo pattern to match the frame and rims. 

Ughhhhh I knowwwww that’s definitely something I’m thinking about doing.

6 hours ago, Avak said:

Ughhhhh I knowwwww that’s definitely something I’m thinking about doing.

It's just a thought and I don't know for sure how well it would work (you take your chances) but if it were mine and I simply wanted the vinyl to match the frame and rims I would pull those panels off and spray paint them with some translucent blue enamel paint. They sell small cans of it at most Hobby shops. it might not be a perfect color match but it still may work if the contrast and shade of blue is right. GL!

Beemer

4 hours ago, Beemer said:

It's just a thought and I don't know for sure how well it would work (you take your chances) but if it were mine and I simply wanted the vinyl to match the frame and rims I would pull those panels off and spray paint them with some translucent blue enamel paint. They sell small cans of it at most Hobby shops. it might not be a perfect color match but it still may work if the contrast and shade of blue is right. GL!

I was thinking of something like this 🧐🧐

D239AA31-DF57-4008-87AC-3CB5A7A082A4.jpeg

• Premium Member

I like the way your bike looks now, but I have to admit that blue does tie things in more.

4 hours ago, Benh972 said:

I like the way your bike looks now, but I have to admit that blue does tie things in more.

Yeah it ties it together but I’m not sure if it makes it look extra 🤣

19 hours ago, Avak said:

I was thinking of something like this 🧐🧐

D239AA31-DF57-4008-87AC-3CB5A7A082A4.jpeg

There ya go and no mess from paint, looks good, bro! After looking at it for a minute there was something about it that still irritated just a wee bit (just me, I'm so particular at times) but it came to me what it was. It's the wheels. They appear too plain and flat to me. Some white vynil rim stickers would give them the pop (I think, maybe you don't) they need. Here's a couple suggestions:

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Amethyst-Motorcycle-Accessory-Sticker/dp/B071KLNXJY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1550846158&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Yamaha+FZ-07+rim+decals&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Motorcycle-Inner-Sticker-Stripe/dp/B00WIN54Q2/ref=sr_1_54?ie=UTF8&qid=1550846337&sr=8-54&keywords=yamaha%2Brim%2Bdecals&th=1

Beemer

Archived