The MT-07 Forum

TheAbhartach's "Build" - '18 MT-07

TheAbhartach

TheAbhartach
21 hours ago, Fiáin97 said:

Any word of an update? I'd love to see how your bike has come along!

20 hours ago, le druide said:

Yes we want more updates! 

Thanks! Unfortunately there isn't much to update at the moment, other than flush-mount LED front indicators that replaced the ugly stalk-based ones that come stock. I don't have any pictures of them at the moment but they are Proton 500's from HighTechSpeed. They're great and I highly recommend them. VERY bright. I just checked and there is no MT-07 photo on their site from what I could tell, so I'll snap a photo and update this thread with it in the next day or two.

Other than that it's just been chain maintenance, washes, and riding it. Mostly commuting to/from work. I'm in the southern US so winter riding, in my opinion, is nicer than summer riding when it is so HOT, so I've just been riding as much as possible. I picked up another toy around the time of my prior post in this thread (the NB Miata you can see in the background in the pics above) and have been focusing most of my garage attention on aesthetic, suspension, and supporting mods in prep for turbo'ing it (cooling, engine health, etc.)

An exhaust will still happen at some point. Whenever I get around to researching which one I like the sound of but isn't too loud to piss off neighbors. I typically commute to work around 6:30am and live deep in my neighborhood, and I don't want to be "that guy." Could do a tune / exhaust package via 2WDW at the time I do the exhaust, but as I said, I'm just not sure at this point.

Thanks for posting in here Fiáin97 and le druide, I appreciate the interest. And sorry for the long-winded response!

• Like 1

TheAbhartach

Here are the photos I promised in the prior post. Only daytime photos, but you can see the brightness / nighttime effect on their site if you want.

image.jpg

IMG_20200314_135323.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
TheAbhartach

It's been a looong time since I've posted but I do still check in and read what's going on here once / twice a week or so and there's still lots of good info going up all of the time.

I finally pulled the trigger on an exhaust (Yoshi R77) and tune from 2WDW. Very happy with both, and it's a really great added bonus that the bike no longer sounds like a moped. I also got a Nelson Rigg Commuter Sport Tail Bag that stays on pretty much 100% of the time, super convenient. Otherwise just maintenance and riding it!

Old Exhaust.jpg

New Exhaust.jpg

Bag.jpg

• Like 2