The MT-07 Forum

First new bike for me out of 18 in 20 years!

belleau1977

• Premium Member

So out of 18 bikes in 20 years of riding I have never owned a new bike yet but some darn good used bikes though minus one really bad lemon. The price of the FZ-07 new is very attractive for a brand new motorcycle considering what a car cost. I love naked bikes as I've had two Kawasaki Z1000's now a 2003 in black and a 2004 in green. I had a 2004 Honda Hornet 599 that was the only nightmare bike I ever bought but it was a $600 fixer upper that sat for a year. I have been reading every single story on the Internet and magazines for the FZ and so far I'm pretty much sold on it but as of last week I founf out a bike I have liked for a few years that is only available in Europe is now to be released in the states in November. The other competition is the Suzuki GSX-S750 or as it's known in Europe the GSR750. Both bikes are great looking but I've read so much good stuff about the FZ I'm more for it actually even though I like the suzuki looks a bit more. The Suzuki has an old school swingarm which looks way off on the new design. Also old school three spoke wheels are horrible too. FZ has nice wheels and upgraded swingarm. Price is also $1,000 cheaper than the Suzuki. Almost forgot there is a third competition to the FZ I'm wanting my wife and girls to spend time with me so it's not just me on the bike so therefore I'm really into the long travel Baja bugs as the whole family can go with me. Wife is more for the bike as its new with warranty and much cheaper as the baja bugs I want are in the $8,000-$15,000 range. I'm all for any input you all have and look forward to future customized FZ-07's in the pictures. Last of all my game plan is to pick up a leftover model which I know I can probably find one within 200 miles for $6,000 eventually once dealers start cutting prices to get next years model on the floor.

• Global Moderator

Hi @belleau1977, thanks for joining our forum. Great to have you here. You will not be disappointed in a FZ07. I know I wasn't.

• Premium Member

So far I really like all the awesome reviews I see on it and I like how the bike has plastic tank sides so if something happens you just replace those instead of a metal tank. Gas mileage is phenomenal too. Main thing I want to see on the forum is some more custom graphics like a tank wrap or paint jobs along with the wheels being done up too. I have a killer picture I found tonight of a blue,white,black FZ that I'm sure you all will say is the best so far. Just need to post the pictur.

Archived