Sign in to follow this  
SomeMapleSyrup

~2018 MT-07 Windscreen options~

SomeMapleSyrup

Hey guys! 😁

Trying to and gather as much information and pictures as possible since i've been having one hell of a time trying to shop for a good looking windscreen for the newer 2018 MT-07 models

I have two that i'm pretty interested in, but cant find any other pictures or videos of people who also have it so i can gather a visual from all angles. Still care heavily about the aesthetics. 

The screens are Barracuda Aerosport,

1234179217_BarracudaAerosportMT07.thumb.png.04f15d7feb1c3be65de029b62ef14f6c.png

and the GIVI A2140, 

1767908819_GIVIMT07.thumb.png.b80b95b0fa6c041812c918198cb3ca8e.png

-Any other Windscreens are welcome to be shown off and suggested!😍

Edited by SomeMapleSyrup

7fold

I'm actually looking for a screen, too, and have the ones you mentioned on my list. I also came across the following options:

MRA spoiler screen (not a fan of the double bubble, the side profile looks awkward to me)

WWW.TWISTEDTHROTTLE.COM

Turbulence got you down? Reduce irritating road noise and have a smoother ride with an MRA Spoiler Screen on your Yamaha MT-07!

National Cycle vstream sport

WWW.NATIONALCYCLE.COM

National Cycle's VStream® Windscreens have turned the motorcycle windscreen world upside down -- literally! The patented, unique inverted "V" profile creates a quiet and comfortable riding...

and probably one of the best looking (IMO), but whoa is it pricey - the DPM warrior 

WWW.DEPRETTOMOTO.COM

Made of aluminium, the product is supplied with assembly instructions, supports and hardware fasteners. It applies without making any modifications to the motorbike. The small size does...

I'm not really looking at a touring screen, just something to take a little of the wind blast off me when on the highway. 

SomeMapleSyrup

Yeah touring screens are a little too bulky for my taste as well. I'd prefer something smaller to midsize that may still help a little, but keeps the bikes overall flow from front to back in check👌

The puig dark smoke version looks pretty decent

2030002679_puigdarksmoke.jpg.37c45b67fc6fc19030b5c424c2f9551e.jpg

As well as the euro? oem windscreen. Both pretty slick options

2018-yamaha-mt-07-eu-yamaha-blue-accessorizeddetail-019.jpg.f2930678f15c80b8a7e55acd9a012a08.jpg

Edited by SomeMapleSyrup

208MT07

I have an Ermax touring screen I just installed on mine. I'm not quite sure whether I like the look of the taller screen yet, I need to get the bike out of my tiny garage and get a better look at it before deciding. But Ermax has a shorter sport screen as well. 

20190205_174313.jpg

JayMT07

That Barracuda screens looks pretty decent in those pics. I've tried the Yamaha Sportscreen and it worked for me at cutting down the wind but I just couldn't take the horrible noise it would give in my helmet (Shoei GT Air). So currently I'm just using the Yamaha Flyscreen which does nothing to cut the wind but cleans up the front end nicely. 

Yamaha Sportscreen

7697ED03-CACE-4BAC-89C9-3DC3795715AC.jpeg

Edited by JayMT07

Instagram: @jayparrington 

SomeMapleSyrup

Your Ermax touring screen actually doesnt look too shabby! Just not sure i want to go that big myself. 
Urgh. Decisions decisions eh?
Anybody else have any sexy af screens they want to show off?(:

Beemer

Just a heads up when buying a windscreen. I'm 5' 8" and I have a 39cm one from Ermax on my '15 FZ-07 that keeps/kept the wind off as much as my chest and the chin of my helmet when leaning forward a little. Your chest catches the most air so if you go any smaller than that and especially if you're taller than me your windscreen may not deflect wind from your chest, rendering it ineffective like so many smaller, better looking ones do. Just some mind candy to chew on. I hope you find 'your' happy, fine line between good looks and effective.

IMG_0334 (2).jpg

Beemer

Yasha

This is what I use now.

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

2018-2019 Yamaha MT-07/FZ-07. Material: ABS Plastic. | eBay!

And before this:

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Windshield thickness: 2.5mm. YAMAHA MT-07 2018-2019. YAMAHA FZ-07 2018-2019. -You can install directly on your bike without any modification...

WankyMcTugger
On 2/11/2019 at 12:51 AM, Yasha said:

This is what I use now.

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

2018-2019 Yamaha MT-07/FZ-07. Material: ABS Plastic. | eBay!

And before this:

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Windshield thickness: 2.5mm. YAMAHA MT-07 2018-2019. YAMAHA FZ-07 2018-2019. -You can install directly on your bike without any modification...

Do you have any pictures of the top ebay one on your bike? It's the one I'm looking at, too.

Edited by WankyMcTugger

Yasha

Yea here you go

MT1.jpg.c74ee1878eeb6de94891d5b832a2708e.jpg

Mt2.jpg.e3da024c2a2ac7b2aa2a2a05ec9b20c8.jpg

MT3.jpg.1c339091f7b42945415bab092cbbc3c4.jpg

MT4.jpg.e4937ada6db2dab6e49e9e86c99b843f.jpg

kylerhsm
5 hours ago, Yasha said:

Yea here you go

MT1.jpg.c74ee1878eeb6de94891d5b832a2708e.jpg

Mt2.jpg.e3da024c2a2ac7b2aa2a2a05ec9b20c8.jpg

MT3.jpg.1c339091f7b42945415bab092cbbc3c4.jpg

MT4.jpg.e4937ada6db2dab6e49e9e86c99b843f.jpg

Nice. Is this the dark tint version?

persydonkers

Man So Jealous of the new options for the newer mt's. #15Life

WankyMcTugger

There's a lot of suggestions in this thread, but does anyone actually run a fairly tall windscreen that keeps the wind off them? A lot of these look decent, but I don't want to pick one on look alone.

Beemer

@WankyMcTugger Take a look at Madstad windshields if you want protection more like what a touring bike has. I've seen some big one's from them for our bike.

hero_slide_1_1024x1024.jpg?1582325150388
MADSTAD.COM

We manufacture the world's most comfortable motorcycle wind protection, a patented system that is adjustable for both height...

• Like 1

Beemer

West

I got the tallest Puig touring windscreen, then added an extension on top.

Long rides are more fun with the protection!

The Honda I rented in Tasmania had the little cute sport windscreen. My jacket was plastered with bugs, and 2 bées actually got blown into my helmet. That was too much excitement for me! I will take protection

mtrunner
On 3/24/2019 at 4:14 AM, West said:

I got the tallest Puig touring windscreen, then added an extension on top.

Long rides are more fun with the protection!

The Honda I rented in Tasmania had the little cute sport windscreen. My jacket was plastered with bugs, and 2 bées actually got blown into my helmet. That was too much excitement for me! I will take protection

Hi!

I am 6.2 high and I am between the 2018 OEM Yamaha Sportscreen or the puig touring you got. Can you please post some pictures of how it looks on your bike? I have found that the puig is 3.54 inch higher which a big difference.

Thank you!

West

I am having a hard time sending the pic..guess I need some instruction. I will keep working on it. Sorry.

West

I know this isn't a sexy windscreen. But it really deflects the wind over my helmet. I am 5'7". My husband has the same setup in smoke on his mt09.  When riding the twistes for a few hours and at speed to and from , it can get tiring without protection. We are 63 and 64, so not kids anymore, just love to ride!

• Like 2

mtrunner

Thanks!

If you remove the extension i think it looks OK.  Not as sexy as the OEM but not ugly!

I think I will get the smoke one as after 5-6 years I think the clear will show the sun wear more.

My 8 years old malossi smoke windscreen if full of marks but you need to look from very close to find them.

7fold

A couple options I haven't seen mentioned yet:

not really a windscreen, but I think it cleans up the headlight a bit:

21060.jpg

some Ermax options:

nose-fairing-ermax-for-MT-07-fz-7---2018

hypersport-screen-ermax-for-MT-07-fz-7--