The MT-07 Forum

Tune After Exhaust

Stephenms

I just installed the  Akrapovic Carbon full system with baffle IN and I'm in love. The videos don't do any exhaust justice on this bike. I wasn't super excited during install but once I fired her up for the first time my heart started racing. Even with baffle in I got the "oh snap this is too loud" feeling you get when you have neighbors.

I did a mini test ride around the neighborhood and felt no engine or surge difference, which is good. But now I'm in the market for a tune. I was first going to go with vcyclenut since he's so close to me but then I found 2WheelDynoWorks and they've tuned and dyno'd plenty of FZ07s. The price differences are about $100. In still leaning towards the 2WDW tune, any opinions? I do know both companies will get rid of cut-off on deceleration and adjust fan temps. 2WDW drops the stock temp ranges by 10 degrees so 205/195 instead of 215/205. Has anyone had any issues with this? Fans constantly staying on? It gets fairly hot here in the summer. Would a tune cause less life out of these engines and components?

Thanks guys, just some small concerns

I can't say anything about vcyclenut since I've never used him, but I do have a 2WDW tune on my bike and it made it a whole new bike. I haven't experienced any issues with my fans running constantly, unless I get stuck in traffic for a while on hot days (85 +).

• Premium Member

You did check the 2WDW sub-forum right?

Besides the latest forum member discounts and you'll read tons of info including answers to your questions. I've not heard a bad opinion regarding 2WDW. They're standup guys with quick, normally same or next day (with included 2 day return shipping),  turn around and free life-of-ownership reflashes.

I'm not affiliated with them other than being a satisfied customer. ✌️

Considering the engine will be running lean after installation of an after-market exhaust, if anything the 2WDW  flash will extend the life of your engine. and the removal of the cut-off on decel will lessen lash of drivetrain as well.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I had a 2wdw tune on my 2015 and will absolutely get another one when I get another bike.  Nothing against the other tuner, but I was very satisfied with the tune and the service I received last time.

Thanks for the info, guys. I checked out 2WDW's page and they have a February deal going on I'll definitely be getting a tune sooner than I thought.

My first initial ride was today, after the install. Amazing sound all the way through the band. Muscle V8 in the low end. I do feel a different pull from 2-4krpm, it's tolerable. But now with it being so loud it makes me feel like I need to baby it, like the sound is to much 😂

I did notice something a bit odd, my temperature kept fluctuation between 174 and 180. No number in between just 174 then it would shoot up to 180 then back down. No coolant leaks and fluid is plentiful. It's a brisk 60 degree Florida morning

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Stephenms said:

I did notice something a bit odd, my temperature kept fluctuation between 174 and 180. No number in between just 174 then it would shoot up to 180 then back down. No coolant leaks and fluid is plentiful. It's a brisk 60 degree Florida morning 

6° difference? I get more than that between standing and moving. I don't think it's anything you need to be concerned about. 😀

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

It's doing it while I'm at a steady 50mph. Maybe it's something I never noticed before.

EDIT: I did a little more testing on this. It seems whenever it's cold-ish (55-60 degrees) it's juuuuust cold enough to keep the thermostat at an in even pace so it's constantly opening and closing. Plus being behind traffic the air that you move through is disturbed and moving erratic so the temperature is generally going to rise even while moving. On the ride home yesterday at 3pm it didn't fluctuate like that at all. 79 degrees out and a little rush hour traffic. No weird temperature fluctuations most likely due to the thermostat being open the entire time. Just an observation👍

Archived