The MT-07 Forum

Looking for help with license plate holder

Randomswede

First time poster here. 

I'm trying to make a mounting bracket in CAD for this universal plate holder i bought off Wish for my 2018 MT07, but, I don't have easy access to the bike during winter storage and can't take the measurements for the bolts that goes into the fender. 

So i was wondering if anyone knows the hole pattern and would like to share it or if someone perhaps has a spare bracket lying around they're willing to measure. 

8 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

I can't visualize exactly what is is you need. If you can post a picture of the area in question I can get you some specs. 

Thanks for the quick reply

I'm looking for the dimension of the rectangle between the holes as shown in this picture

for-yamaha-mt07-mt-07-fz-07-2014-2016-motorcycle.jpg

Ok, I thought that is what you wanted. I'll be in the shop later and I'll measure it up. Do you need metric or standard measurements?

8 hours ago, Randomswede said:

Metric would work best. And thanks for the help

Happy to help. Hope this works for you. Note the the two oval shaped holes don't run parallel to the centerline of the bracket, rather they run on an angle that intersects the other holes. 

1823724487_FZtaillightmount.thumb.jpg.4a075b718d0b119e2f96cc3dbc7e7f09.jpg

6 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Happy to help. Hope this works for you. Note the the two oval shaped holes don't run parallel to the centerline of the bracket, rather they run on an angle that intersects the other holes. 

1823724487_FZtaillightmount.thumb.jpg.4a075b718d0b119e2f96cc3dbc7e7f09.jpg

Perfect, will let you know how the piece turns out hopefully next week when i have gotten my aluminium billet and have access to my schools CNC-router. 

Archived