The MT-07 Forum

New Member. Not yet a FZ-07 Owner!

rnlarry

New member from Western PA.   Long time rider who just made a deal on a new FZ-07 and then found out that I could not complete the transaction!  Yamaha's "Do Not SELL!" order.  Kind of frustrating as I know that the good weather is leaving soon.  Enjoying all the great info on this forum.  Thanks!  Anyone with any new info on the "Do NOT SELL!" status?  Thanks, Larry

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome rnlarry! Do you have other bikes to ride while waiting for your FZ07?

Illegitimi non carborundum

I still have my trusty Bandit 1200S and a KLR 650. I was able to test ride the FZ-07 last week at Daytona and I am very anxious to have my own.

Guest August BB

Damn, no sell order is still on, huh? Guess they need time to produce or order the new wiring harness, the lit to the dealers, and then send them all out to the dealers to replace all the battery wiring harness. I'm still wondering when I will get my recall notice since mine was manufactured in August.

Guess it won't matter too much since I will soon remove the seat and hook up the tender. It will have to wait until spring.

Anyway, hope you get your bike soon rnlarry!

Mine is still on hold too. But, as I added on the original contract, if I don't get the bike by 10/31/14 (this Saturday), my $500 deposit will be refunded to me.
At that point, I will wait for spring, Or ask for a discount to buy it in November, or whenever it shows up. They know they will not sale the FZ until spring (here, they mainly sale off road vehicles, we are deep country) and they know they will have to pay the end of year tax on their inventory. So, I think, I have a chance for some kind of discount. What should I ask for?

Talked to my dealer yesterday and I know he feels bad about the hold on the sale, but I suspect that he cannot do much about it. disappointing to watch a few nice days slip away and not have my new bike! Yesterday was 77 degrees but forecast for Saturday is 42 degrees with rain and possible snow showers! I know there will still be a few decent days to ride before winter (50 degrees?) but not many.

disappointing to watch a few nice days slip away and not have my new bike!
I agree, its very disappointing, but winter riding has it's charm too. 

Thought that I had posted a reply, but obviously and I hit the wrong button. I think that it maybe a little warmer in Kentucky than here north of Pittsburgh, or maybe I am just getting a little wimpy, but when it gets below 40 degrees I park my bikes and throw another log on the fire! Hope that Yamaha gets it together soon so that I can ride my new bike home instead of trailering it!

Good news! Spoke to my dealer this morning and he has received the official recall notice and has part numbers the new cable and underseat brace. Hopefully, he may have the parts by middle of next week and I can pick up my new bike!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

That's great news! What color did you choose? Also, by any chance, are you a nurse?

Rapid Red. Retired RN. Worked in surgical ICU for the VA. I retired two years ago and am loving it! Lots of time for riding, fishing and grandchildren.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Congratulations on getting the fastest color. Be sure to vote here!

I talked to my dealer here on Wednesday (10-29). They had 1 bike on the showroom floor and didn't know anything about the recall notice. So I was able to test drive it and bought it that evening.

Congrats man! I almost went with the white... I couldn't wait long enough for them to get one in, and the winter deals had started here. Maybe I'll buy a second white one, or get lucky and one will follow me home too!

Cheers!

Good for you! I hope you have a chance to get some good rides in before bad weather hits. Even though your dealer was not aware of the recall/"do not sell" order, I would suggest that you remove the seat and make sure your positive battery cable is not being pinched. Good luck!

You are right, I do not believe that any recall has been announced. That does not change the fact that there apparently was a very real problem or Yamaha would not tell dealers not to sell bikes on their floor until changes were made. I was only suggesting that it would be a good idea to take a few minutes to unbolt the seat and make sure that the battery cable is properly routed. Not trying to alarm anyone.

Archived