The MT-07 Forum

2017 FZ-07 with safety and comfort mods

rfranzel

Safety upgrades:

• Headlight: Cyclops LED
  • Skene Photon Blasters enlarge the “visibility triangle” from the front; provides LED running lights and turn signals
  • AdMore Premium LED Light Bar with Smart Brake Technology (Programmable)
  • CustomLED Blaster-X Integrated tail light,
  • And Mirror risers.

Comfort and convenience upgrades:

• Corbin Gunfighter Saddle
  • Ermax Sport Screen
  • Evotech Performance Radiator Guard
  • OES Frame Sliders, rear axle sliders and fork sliders (These also provides lift points for stand)

Right.jpg

RightFront.jpg

EvotechGuard.jpg

Rear.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good, I suggest also posting those in our free gallery section, will be seen more and for longer.  You can type commentary for ea pic as well.  

Im actually gonna close this section soon, since we have a image gallery now. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, rfranzel said:

Safety upgrades:

• Headlight: Cyclops LED
  • Skene Photon Blasters enlarge the “visibility triangle” from the front; provides LED running lights and turn signals
  • AdMore Premium LED Light Bar with Smart Brake Technology (Programmable)
  • CustomLED Blaster-X Integrated tail light, 
  • And Mirror risers.

Comfort and convenience upgrades:

• Corbin Gunfighter Saddle
  • Ermax Sport Screen
  • Evotech Performance Radiator Guard
  • OES Frame Sliders, rear axle sliders and fork sliders (These also provides lift points for stand)

So how do you like the Corbin Saddle?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

15 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Looks good, I suggest also posting those in our free gallery section, will be seen more and for longer.  You can type commentary for ea pic as well.  

Im actually gonna close this section soon, since we have a image gallery now. 

Thanks. I will post these and other pics of the bike in the gallery section.

I'll answer DewMan's post here though, so maybe you can keep it open a little bit longer. 🙂

9 hours ago, DewMan said:

So how do you like the Corbin Saddle?

I like it. I had a Corbin saddle on a 1988 Honda Hawk GT (NT650), and literally rode many 10-12 hour days with no aches and pains. That was the main reason I trusted Corbin over the several choices available for the FZ-07.

With the stock Yamaha seats, I had pain points on my butt after 4-5 hours. With the new Corbin Gunfighter Saddle the soreness doesn't start until after 7-8 hours of riding. I had the Hawk 24-19 years ago, so the difference may be age related. 🙄 The Corbin is wider than the stock seat, so the reach to the ground is effected, but I don't find that material.

Quality of the seats are top notch, and while aesthetics are subjective, I think they look great. I bought the seat through BiohazardCycles.com, which saved a lot over buying direct from Corbin.

I had a Sargent Seat on my 2004 BMW R1150RT, and I also have Sargent on my current 2014 R1200RT. With both those seats I can still ride all day without butt pain, but on the totally different bikes (BMW Sport Tourer vs Yamaha naked) it may be comparing apples to oranges. I just mention that to complicate the discussion.

As motorcycle seat comfort is so subjective, it may be useful to know that I'm about 5'10" with a 30-31" inseam and weigh about 155lbs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to see some pictures with the lights illuminated during low light setting.