The MT-07 Forum

New member looking to buy.

ktigerj

I am looking at a new white '18 MT-07 locally for around 6200 (internet price).  I know full well with insurance, tax, tags, dealer reaming negotiation, I'm looking at much more though.  I have about 8200 to spend in savings.  I'm in the DC - Baltimore area but nearer to Frederick MD.  Coming from the MDShooters forum I wanted to make my lurking presence known.  Hopefully I'll be owning soon.

About 3 months ago, I was in your position.  I just kept checking Cycle Trader and finally found 2 relatively close dealerships (I live out in the boonies) that each had '18's listed for $6299.00.  One was blue, the other one white.  The dealer with the white (the color I wanted) one wanted $100 more for prep, so I made him match the other dealer + he even delivered it for me.  I don't know what your tax rate is but my out the door was around $7145.00.  Add $500.00 for a years insurance (I had 1 accident to claim) and you've got change from your $8200.00.

The big elephant in the room is, the more than $1600.00 I have spent on farkle since I got it, with more to come.

Enjoy the shopping and you will soon know that it is worth every penny.

Please Mister Fantasy play us a tune, something to make us all happy.    Stevie Winwood / Traffic, 1967

Picked it up today. Unhappy wife now but she’ll come around. I went and picked it up from the dealer and rode it home. Fun times. Still bedding in the brakes and braking in the engine. I did goose it a little from a stop light just for fun. 

7 hours ago, ktigerj said:

I am trying to figure out how to shrink the pics on my phone.  

If you use Windows, IrfanView has everything you could ever need for simple graphics work.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:15 AM, ktigerj said:

Picked it up today. Unhappy wife now but she’ll come around. I went and picked it up from the dealer and rode it home. Fun times. Still bedding in the brakes and braking in the engine. I did goose it a little from a stop light just for fun. 

I bought mine 2 years ago this month.  A chilly ride home for sure.  My wife had said "just buy a damn bike already," being tired of me shopping, comparing and talking about them all winter.  Apparently, she didn't mean for me to buy one but, oh well, that'll learn her.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kbob2000 said:

I bought mine 2 years ago this month.  A chilly ride home for sure.  My wife had said "just buy a damn bike already," being tired of me shopping, comparing and talking about them all winter.  Apparently, she didn't mean for me to buy one but, oh well, that'll learn her.

Similar here. I was telling the wife I was really interested going from my Ninja 300 to a new FZ 07.  I told her they were around 7 grand new. She said "That's not bad, but if you got one you would have to use your credit since we are using mine to buy a house."

So when I had to get a tooth pulled one day, I bought my bike right after.  My wife was more annoyed than angry. I was all like "You said I could if I used my credit, so I did!" she apparently was just not killing the idea, not giving me the liberty to go and do it.

Worth it.

• Global Moderator
On 2/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, ktigerj said:

gratz dude
unhappy wives are worth putting up with for the short term, if she doesnt come around at least you have a bike to make you happy :P 

I sometimes wonder why they put up with us..... either way gratz on not freezing to death on the ride home,

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:57 PM, ktigerj said:

I am trying to figure out how to shrink the pics on my phone.  

This is absolutely the most frustrating site to post pics on from your phone or tablet. I never use a PC while at home and have yet to find a good App for an iPhone or iPad to resize pics just so I could post on this site. If you find one, let me know. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

Welcome to the forum man! My old lady and I split last year and after that I , went out and brought a 2018 model. As she came over to pick up our son (our 4-legged one) she saw the bike and make a snarky passive aggressive remark.  It made me happy knowing she saw it. 

As far as pricing goes, a local dealership to me had 2019's listed at $7,500+TTT and dealer fees. They had one 2018 model left over in Blurple listed at $5,499+TTT. I walked out at $6,300 for a brand new last year model. Couldn't be happier! 

• Premium Member

Very nice! I love the way white bikes look; they photograph well too! I love my red bike but I have noticed on other bikes red sometimes does not photograph as well as it looks in person.

• Premium Member

Congrats and welcome! 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived