The MT-07 Forum

Left turn signal intermittently no going on

lilneddy

I have a 2016 with aftermarket led's. My issue is that when I switch on the right signal, it comes on every time with no problem. But the right turn signal only works about 1/3 of the time. It seems to be the switch itself because it effects ALL of the left turn indicators and when I dink around with the control switch by pushing it in, turning on the right signal light ect, it does come on and cancel correctly. Anyone have any issues with the switch like this?

• Premium Member

Checking the switch sounds like a good starting point. Perhaps a dirty/corroded contact for the left circuit. I've not been into the control pod on mine yet so I don't know how easy/hard it is to access the contacts.

I don't remember any other reports of issues with the turn signal switch on the 07 specifically but it's not unusual to find this issue on bikes in general.

Best of luck finding and resolving your issue. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Yep. The left side of the contacts on the internals switch has a very small retaining clip that broke off. Superglue did the trick.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, lilneddy said:

Yep. The left side of the contacts on the internals switch has a very small retaining clip that broke off. Superglue did the trick.

I'm glad it was a simple & cheap fix.

Thanks for the follow-up. It's always good when we do that so others can learn from your experience. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived