The MT-07 Forum

Gilles Tooling AXB Chain Adjuster

motomeek

• Premium Member

What is up. Long time, no see. 

Sprained both my wrists a few months ago, it's also been chilly... so I had to put the moto life on hold. 

Purchased these chain adjusters after I had a really hard time adjusting the chain when I was putting a fresh chain on.

And don't know why I waited so long... but alas. I have them installed!

Shout out to @bellissimoto @pgeldz for hookin' me up on this pair as well as a pair for my other bike. Since they're straight from Gilles.. they took 4 weeks to get shipped out. 

Got them with the red accent to go with the small hints of red I already have on the bike. IMG_3026.JPG.38d76480d4b1a35db4ca3e954628c530.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG.66a811deb84a9fdfe0aa7e0529264308.JPG

• Like 3

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Welcome back, injuries suck! I ordered the exact same part from bellissimoto two weeks 3 days and 7 hours ago, the wait is killing me! 

The site says it's not in stock so, I  knew I was going to have to be patient. I emailed first to make sure the order would be filled.

• Like 1

Glad to see you're back on the road!

The Gilles chain adjusters look great!

We have more on the way, and should be here soon.  Just received word that our shipment is supposed to be here late next week!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed there are no delays :)

- Paul

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Benh972 said:

Welcome back, injuries suck! I ordered the exact same part from bellissimoto two weeks 3 days and 7 hours ago, the wait is killing me! 

The site says it's not in stock so, I  knew I was going to have to be patient. I emailed first to make sure the order would be filled.

Don't feel bad. I ordered them on 8-31 and still haven't received them. It's cold up here in Northern Michigan and I'm not riding anytime soon so the wait is no big deal.

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan

Just so everyone knows why there is a delay...

Gilles is the OEM manufacturer for many of the parts on the new BMW S1000RR, as well as ALL the BMW Aftermarket HP RACE billet parts, in addition to Yamaha UK Billet Accessories.

Because of the new BMW S1000RR, Gilles had to ramp up their facility and production to meet BMW's demand, and added 13 additional CNC Machines to supply them.  Good new is that now that most of that work is done, it is expected that Gilles will have the capacity to shorten delivery times significantly in the coming months.

Hang in there guys...their products are worth the wait.

- Paul 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bellissimoto said:

Just so everyone knows why there is a delay...

Gilles is the OEM manufacturer for many of the parts on the new BMW S1000RR, as well as ALL the BMW Aftermarket HP RACE billet parts, in addition to Yamaha UK Billet Accessories.

Because of the new BMW S1000RR, Gilles had to ramp up their facility and production to meet BMW's demand, and added 13 additional CNC Machines to supply them.  Good new is that now that most of that work is done, it is expected that Gilles will have the capacity to shorten delivery times significantly in the coming months.

Hang in there guys...their products are worth the wait.

- Paul 

So, are delivery times being delayed further, or does this just explain our current wait? I appreciate the communication either way.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, Benh972 said:

So, are delivery times being delayed further, or does this just explain our current wait? I appreciate the communication either way.

It was an explanation in general about Gilles.  I got word this morning that the chain adjusters will be ready by the end of this week, and will be in our next shipment.

- Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I was getting antsy about the wait for my part, and I called and talked to Paul @bellissimoto. Wow the customer service here is top notch. I usually am hesitant to engage with actual human beings, I usually prefer to communicate electronically. He was great though, he spent a lot of time and dropped a lot of knowledge on me. Super friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.It was great I have not talked on the phone like that since I was a teenager! lol

• Like 3

• Global Moderator
On 2/13/2019 at 4:45 PM, Benh972 said:

I was getting antsy about the wait for my part, and I called and talked to Paul @bellissimoto. Wow the customer service here is top notch. I usually am hesitant to engage with actual human beings, I usually prefer to communicate electronically. He was great though, he spent a lot of time and dropped a lot of knowledge on me. Super friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.It was great I have not talked on the phone like that since I was a teenager! lol

He's a good dude

Also a bit OCD :P

sorry @pgeldz

• Haha 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

On 2/13/2019 at 3:45 PM, Benh972 said:

It was a pleasure speaking with you!

:)

- Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Littlebriar

Finally got mine last week. Too cold to install but looking good.

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan

• 2 months later...
nottasockpuppet

Does anyone want to comment on the installation procedure? I just ordered a set of these so I can use a spool paddock stand.

Edited by nottasockpuppet
typo

Couldn't be easier. Get the rear of the bike in the air. Remove the rear wheel. (we actually need the axle removed, the wheel can sit between the arms if you like) The factory chain adjusters will slide/fall out the rear of the swinger. Remove parts 22, 25 & 26 from factory adjusters and install in Gilles swingarm caps. Slide into rear of swingarm and tighten jam nuts. (the Gilles pieces take the place of #23 in the diagram)

IMG_20190529_162802.thumb.jpg.316d425cb5791bd669e5fb9511452f1a.jpg

Finitto. 

Edited by mossrider

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, mossrider said:

Couldn't be easier. Get the rear of the bike in the air. Remove the rear wheel. (we actually need the axle removed, the wheel can sit between the arms if you like) The factory chain adjusters will slide/fall out the rear of the swinger. Remove parts 22, 25 & 26 from factory adjusters and install in Gilles swingarm caps. Slide into rear of swingarm and tighten jam nuts. (the Gilles pieces take the place of #23 in the diagram)

IMG_20190529_162802.thumb.jpg.316d425cb5791bd669e5fb9511452f1a.jpg

Finitto. 

Actually, you technically don't even need to take the wheel off

I was able to do mine just by removing the adjuster nuts and threading the new ones into place

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Littlebriar

Same here. I don't remember having to remove the wheel at all. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

• Like 1