The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycling on the Rise

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
mic-household-data-featured-11.jpg?itok=
WWW.MOTORCYCLISTONLINE.COM

The Motorcycle Industry Council reports there were more motorcycle households than ever in 2018.

• Like 4

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Zipper mouth? Geez, put your diaper back on, Beemer. Intentionally bombing the forum with emojis because you've decided to be on a no-text strike insults everyone's intelligence.  If you got something to say, just say it. 

On the topic of more riders, that's awesome. I wouldn't have guessed that at all.  Especially with us being in the dawn of the autonomous car. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Zipper mouth? Geez, put your diaper back on, Beemer. Intentionally bombing the forum with emojis because you've decided to be on a no-text strike insults everyone's intelligence.  If you got something to say, just say it. 

On the topic of more riders, that's awesome. I wouldn't have guessed that at all.  Especially with us being in the dawn of the autonomous car. 

I wonder if it correlates to congestion though. While my heart has always wanted a motorcycle, the free HOV lanes and easier parking are what won my head (and wallet) over. So you've got two responses to congestion - automation and smaller vehicles. I for one like the simpler approach; I smirked the other day when I passed a Prius with the license plate "42 mpg" because of the hell his car did to the environment just to be built. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Great news! I don't have any evidence of why we are seeing an up tick, but I can offer my anecdotal observations. So, I am 37 and by most accounts I am just barely a millennial, the generation that kills businesses left right and center. 

Among my peers I am a minority as a rider, but I have noticed an up tick. It really seems most people I know that are my age are just now getting into a point in their lives where they have enough income to purchase bikes. Money kept me off two wheels for a very long time.

• 5 months later...

There's safety in numbers.  I'm sure the rising number of riders has created more awareness in our four wheeled counterparts, especially in CA since so many people take advantage of the perks that come with riding here

• Like 1

I don't even remember any of this, but calling a spade a spade feels about right. Looks like you "said" your piece, I said mine. No real drama and no hard feelings. It's all good.

No idea what a bandage ball is, but that's ok, too. 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shinyribs said:

I don't even remember any of this, but calling a spade a spade feels about right. Looks like you "said" your piece, I said mine. No real drama and no hard feelings. It's all good.

No idea what a bandage ball is, but that's ok, too. 😁

lol! bandage ball … it was suppose to read bondage ball. 😆 All for the better the typo, I was in a bad mood when I read that yesterday and I can be quick tempered when I'm like that, a momentary lapse of reason. I tried to get back to this before you read it and delete it but I was too late. Agreed, no hard feelings, no drama, it's all good and I'm deleting it because it's embarrassing to look at. 

• Haha 1

Beemer

Yeah?...well, I'm keeping my bandage ball, and you can't stop me! We all have good and bad days. I don't fret over dumb things I said back when. Onward!......

staitpipes.PNG

• Haha 1