The MT-07 Forum

What color wheel stripes??

effzee07

• Premium Member

Hi All! I have the gray bike with the blurple wheels on it. I have always been a fan of adding reflective wheel stripes to my bikes, and removing the factory orange reflectors by the wheels. However, on this one I'm stuck! not sure what color would look good on it. Anyone got any ideas or pics of theirs?

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

• Global Moderator

Sometime did yellow, which I thought looked good on the blue wheels.

• Premium Member

I like the idea of wheel tape but I prefer the black rims by themselves. I might consider it if there was black reflective tape? But I agree I like the look of the blue rims like they are without the tape.

Yeah this is a tough one. If it were me, I would probably either do blue or white wheel tape. A bright green also MIGHT look good on the blue wheels...but I dunno. I might end up getting a white FZ07 though, so I'd probably do either white or red stripes.

• Global Moderator

It is easy for me. I have a red bike, so I am planning on doing red tape.

Same for me my bike is red so red tape will be,I might go with the customtaylor33 red set little pricey but you get what you paid for.              

• Premium Member

You can get reflective black rim tape. It would look the best imo. Not really noticeable but still reflects at night.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I'd stick with neutral colors; the two you picked would be good. You just have to decide how reflective you want to be. The black doesn't seem to reflect as much as the white/silver.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Oh wow, i didn't even know there was black tape...that looks great! I love the gray/blue bike, but it would be hard to match my stuff with it. Most of my gear and tastes point more towards white/gray/black, so the white bike would match everything I have much better. The black tape on the white bike would be super stealth on already black wheels, but the white tape would POP like crazy. hmmm

I did the high viz yellow, but guessing from the avatar you don't like the blue and yellow combo. I'd post a pick but cant remember my photobucket password.

I went with the blue tape from cycle gear. I think it looks good 2w7ok0n.jpg

I think I'm sold on doing this to my bike now. Is the applicator easy to use?

This is mine. I'ts customTaylorr33 blue strip, but its on black wheels. Very bright, great service, and quick delivery.

photo_zpse4f660ec.jpg

Archived