The MT-07 Forum

2018 MT 07 owners, ECU 2wdw questions

Vex

Hey all,

So I sent my ECU to 2wdw, and bought a yoshi exhaust. Haven't received them yet but I've read that sometimes it disables the ABS (2017 and 18 models) and may set off a check engine light. Does any1 who has a 2018 model have any of these problems? Preemptive anxiety. I didnt specify that mine had ABS, but ABS comes stock on 2018 models so i don't know if it will be an issue. Any input would be appreciated!

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Vex said:

Hey all,

So I sent my ECU to 2wdw, and bought a yoshi exhaust. Haven't received them yet but I've read that sometimes it disables the ABS (2017 and 18 models) and may set off a check engine light. Does any1 who has a 2018 model have any of these problems? Preemptive anxiety. I didnt specify that mine had ABS, but ABS comes stock on 2018 models so i don't know if it will be an issue. Any input would be appreciated!

Not sure what you've been reading but stop.

I've got a 2WDW ECU flash on my 2017 ABS model and the flash does nothing to alter the ABS.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I haven't been able to go for a ride but I have started it and put it into first in the garage. It didn't set off the check engine light or any codes. The abs light lit up as it normally does. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

I'm going to say don't turn the key on without the ECU installed. That causes problems.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

Turn the bike upside down and shake the old program out first.  This is called clearing the cache, be careful not to drop the bike if you do you will never get the new ECU programming aligned

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Okay so: ABS is totally seperate from what they are flashing, 2017  2018 have same flash. The 2018 stock file is basically an elusive creature that can only be found by ISIS, because they are obviously responsible for the care of the file. Now that we cleared that up, 2wdw gave me all this info (aside from ignition thing ty @peteinpa and also the ISIS info). All ISIS info was compiled by an infidel in southern California on a MT 07. Goodluck. Prosper.

I gotta get a 2wdw flash and exhaust on mine before spring. 

I have the looks how I like it so time for a little bit of a rumble. I just have to decide between the Yoshi and the Akra I guess.

Let us know how it goes and how you like it when you get it all put on. Good luck!

Archived