The MT-07 Forum

Electric Duc

MT27

If I were ever going to have an electric bike over one with a combustion engine that would very likely be the one. It's pretty futuristic looking which I'm not real crazy about but it's looks do scream bad-ass! At least I imagine it will be one since the name and the rep. If it can't shred a H.D. they will never live it down and their rep. will be scarred.

Beemer

I saw two simulair images the other day on a Duc e bike.  Com on duc this is not a duc design

https://futurism.com/the-byte/ducati-futuristic-electric-motorcycle

ducati-futuristic-electric-motorcycle-1200x639.png

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I agree. It's a rip of off suzuki's falcorustyco.

One article said claudio domenicali was seen riding the mockup bike.

Battery technology is just not there yet for anyone to make an electric bike that will fit my needs. 

Current batteries are good enough for me to commute to work and back, to the store and back.  But on the weekends I like to point my wheels into the wind and see where my bike takes me. I'll see a mountain off in the distance and just take the roads into that direction and ride for hours on end, looking for that perfect road full of twisties that I haven't been on before. 

If I get low on gas, I can always knock on a door or two and buy some gas from someone's gas can. If I were to run out of power on an electric bike, I'm stuck. 

I don't care much what these ebikes look like. To me it's all about range. And they aren't even close to the true range that I need out west, with our long roads that dare us to keep pushing. 

I had one of those cheap stand up/sit down electric scooters once just to get to 6th St. or Zilker Park in Austin and back and I didn't like it for the reasons @Cruizin mentioned, the range changed drastically and totally sucked with hills and going full throttle to have any decent speed so I returned it. They tell you what range it has but to attain that range you have to ride on flat roads and be easy on the throttle. When I tried to return the scooter they fought me over it and offered me a newer type battery that was supposedly better. I turned that offer down and wisely got my money back.

It's not to say these bikes won't do a lot better than that POS scooter I'd bought but I don't see the point if after you've road it for some time and want to ride more but it's lost it's OOMPH even though it still has power to get you around. So my answer has changed, if they can provide 100% power for all my needs in a regular day of riding with hills and being hard on the throttle at times, I would then have one. That is if the electric doesn't cost much more than the gasoline.

I wonder though, electric motors can burn out so how much to replace an electric motor in a bike like that? I almost shudder at the thought.

Beemer

Archived