Sign in to follow this  
TAZ07

Front Fender

TAZ07
I noticed the rear part of the front fender has movement in it. The bike is brand new and the reason for the movement is the washer/spacer keeps the fender from being tightened against the bracket even though the screw is tight. It is the same on both sides. I saw several other posts in other threads that some had the same and thought the dealer used wrong washer/spacers in prepping. Since it is more than one bike from different dealers I am wondering if this was engineered this way or is Yamaha shipping wrong washer/spacers to the dealers? Maybe some others can take a look and post up if the rear part of the front fender is rigid or has some movement......Thanks

stefano225
I just checked mine and there are no spacers in the back bolts and no movement at all,the front ones looks like a small washer on the inside.Maybe somebody else will chime in on the issue,no problem on my end.

TAZ07
i looked at the parts diagram online and it looks like the bolt in question part # 7 has a new part number and the old one crossed off... The diagram also shows a different configuration than what I have ..so I am thinking they probably caught it and changed it.... 

My fz07 front fender mount toward rear on one side has worn away at the plastic. Now I had to pack some rubber into gap and a larger washer to stop from chattering. Sounds like a design flaw to me.