The MT-07 Forum

My fz update

phanomenal07

If anybody was curious I got my FZ back today!!! So what they told me was one of my wires on the main harness was routed the wrong way.  (Forward of the bar mounts instead of backwards) and this was putting strain on the harness Everytime  turned the bars until I guess it finally broke some wires. The dealer wanted to replace the entire harness but the warranty request was denied so I opted for a repair as the harness cost 504 dollars. They ended up just soldering the wires together and routing it correctly. 

I suspect the wires were improperly routed when I got my 8000 mile service at the dealership that messed up everything. The one I previously posted about. 

I immediately went for a ride after getting it back and it was so much fun to ride. I missed it so much. The Daytona was not very kind to the bully winter gear I had to wear and that was a pain but the fz riding position does not care what I was wearing. So happy to have it back. I believe I dropped off the bike at the shop on November 27.

I am so happy you got your bike back today.  I can sleep at night now knowing this

:)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

15 hours ago, r1limited said:

I am so happy you got your bike back today.  I can sleep at night now knowing this

:)

But babbling bout whatever just to be babbling because you're bored is OK. C'mon, man, cut some people some slack.

Beemer

29 minutes ago, Beemer said:

But babbling bout whatever just to be babbling because you're bored is OK. C'mon, man, cut some people some slack.

You find no humor in life do you

#JustGiddingBrokenBikesMatter

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

35 minutes ago, r1limited said:

You find no humor in life do you

#JustGiddingBrokenBikesMatter

I see the humor but I also see a sharp, stinging tongue. Best have that sucker filed down before you hurt someone with it, ha!

53411.jpg

Beemer

Archived