The MT-07 Forum

Which Yoshi is California Compliant?

Vex

Hey, another inquisitive post. Alright so cali just passed a new law in regards to exhaust and changed it from a fix it ticket to a 1000 fine, every time u get pulled over... fml. So I heard that yoshi makes a compliant exhaust, can someone please link me to the purchase page for it (preferably the best deal =] ) 

• Global Moderator

In Washington state any exhaust that is louder than stock is illegal.  If course I have never heard of anyone getting ticketed for that.  

California law sounds more lax, but finding an exhaust with the EPA noise label might prove difficult...I have never seen one. 

Here is what AAA says:

A noise limit of 92 decibels applies to any motorcycle manufactured before 1970.

A noise limit of 88 decibels applies to motorcycles manufactured after 1969 and before 1973; 86 decibels applies to motorcycles manufactured after 1972 and before 1975; 83 decibels applies to motorcycles manufactured after 1974 and before 1986; 80 decibels applies to motorcycles manufactured after 1985.

Motorcycles registered in the state that are manufactured on or after 2013 or have an aftermarket exhaust system manufactured on or after 2013 must have the federal EPA noise emission label affixed to it in order to be operated, used, or parked in the state.

Ty for info. Decided that since they'll have to ticket 100,000 harley owners before they get to me that I'd pull the trigger on the exhaust lol

6 hours ago, Vex said:

Hey, another inquisitive post. Alright so cali just passed a new law in regards to exhaust and changed it from a fix it ticket to a 1000 fine, every time u get pulled over... fml. So I heard that yoshi makes a compliant exhaust, can someone please link me to the purchase page for it (preferably the best deal =] ) 

Yoshimura Y series......50 state compliant

https://shopyamaha.com/product/details/yoshimura-fz-07-y-series-full-exhaust-systems?b=Search&ls=yamaha-motor-company

Which Yoshi is California Compliant?

Hint, its the one that says CARB Compliant

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

@Vex on a serious note, if you get the R77 (NON CARB) run it with the Baffle and let 2Wheeldyno know.  Appearantly there is a gain with the baffle in,

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

2 minutes ago, r1limited said:

@Vex on a serious note, if you get the R77 (NON CARB) run it with the Baffle and let 2Wheeldyno know.  Appearantly there is a gain with the baffle in,

@r1limited That's what I got (r77 and tune from 2wdw), I'm going to call them and let them know to keep the baffle in rn lol  thanks for the heads up bro. Also will I need to buy new gaskets? Or should I use the one from my old exhaust, I read somewhere on here that the r77 didnt come with them

Side note my neighbor is CHP and he said they dont pull over street bikes for pipes out here in IE, wheelies are a different story. Dont wheelie by the popo.

Just reuse your old ones.  Should be good, I did no issues

• Global Moderator

I would replace the gaskets, but I replace the crush washers when I change the oil too.  They are technically single use items and I figure why not...it is cheap insurance and if they leak you will have to uninstall the exhaust to fix it. 

1 hour ago, mjh937 said:

I would replace the gaskets, but I replace the crush washers when I change the oil too.  They are technically single use items and I figure why not...it is cheap insurance and if they leak you will have to uninstall the exhaust to fix it. 

I too change the washer for my oil changes lol, I'm OCD about that. I also dont wear socks that dont match and have a bad habit of washing peoples dishes before they're done eating. But yeah I called just to make sure it came with them and 2wdw said my pipe will have new gaskets lol. If it doesnt yamaha slangs em for 3 bucks a pop, might as well, gives me an excuse to go to the dealer and sit on MT 10s.

17 hours ago, Vex said:

I too change the washer for my oil changes

Seriously, really, you are telling me there are people out there that re-use crush washers?

My gosh, now I have heard everything, I mena life has just ended on this planet as I know it.  I mea I can forgive voting habits of idiots but the re-use of crush washers?  #MyMindIsBlown

Seriously though, I will reuse copper crush washers after annealing them.  All the rest are through aways

Archived