Sign in to follow this  
reaper308

Bar mirrors need some advice

reaper308
Your barends will come loose if your turning them the correct direction they will not break

mtbsal
I can not believe that a man with such an organized and furnished tool/work bench couldn't figure it out. Get back in there and complete the job. Otherwise all hope is lost.

Sal

YZEtc
You need to apply enough torque to break them loose as they have some kind of sealant applied to the threads to keep them in place.
Be sure to use the correct size Allen key wrench (not one a size too small), and one with some length to it so you can apply the torque required.
If you're using just a 4-inch-long wrench, good luck.

stefano225
You can do it!  :)

V8titanpwr
A few of us have installed these mirrors. I have 500 miles on mine with no vibration issues, no screws coming loose, I really like these. The best way to mount them is by mounting them on the bar end. You will need to make up some spacers so they don't push against the throttle and the left grip, allowing you to tighten them up completely. I just used an old bicycle handlebar I had laying around and cut some spacers from that.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

jasonaz1
Normally Allen bolts aren't that hard to break loose but normally end up stripping the heads.

I was giving it prett good pressure and it wasn't moving so I didn't want to strip the head or break it. I'll try it again today

Thanks for the reply guys

oscardms
Use the bigger hex socket to break them loose. Makes it a lot easier and less chance of stripping the bar end.
  • Like 1