The MT-07 Forum

Brakes/RearMasterCylinder/AdjustmentBolt/un-Identified nut/

user1

Using YAMAHA MT-07 2014 Service Manual - 1WS-28197-E0.pdf while Adjusting the Rear Brake Pedal:

In the attached diagram of the rear master cylinder, the "Adjustment Bolt" is shown (see upper right of image). If you look closely, there is an un-Identified nut (bright in color) on the Adjustment Bolt. A post from 2015 in 'Tips and Tricks' suggested the nut in question is used to adjust the internals of the rear master cylinder.  On my moto, with the rear master cylinder attached and functional,  the top of the 'nut' is just below the rubber cup. It is *not the locking nut nor the stop nut for the Adjustment Bolt.

Q: What is the nut for?

What function does the nut serve; and how is it used? 

I could find *no information in the 2014 Service Manual.....

thank you ..

Rear-MasterCylinder.jpg

Just now, user1 said:

Using YAMAHA MT-07 2014 Service Manual - 1WS-28197-E0.pdf while Adjusting the Rear Brake Pedal:

In the attached diagram of the rear master cylinder, the "Adjustment Bolt" is shown (see upper right of image). If you look closely, there is an un-Identified nut (bright in color) on 

Q: What is the nut for?

What function does the nut serve; and how is it used? 

I could find *no information in the 2014 Service Manual.....

thank you ..

Rear-MasterCylinder.jpg

That is the rear brake pedal adjustment or 'pushrod hex', see attachment;

IMG_20190115_065129743_resized.thumb.jpg.1bd25c1938e02880165fae91f450cf6e.jpg

4 hours ago, mossrider said:

That is the rear brake pedal adjustment or 'pushrod hex', see attachment;

IMG_20190115_065129743_resized.thumb.jpg.1bd25c1938e02880165fae91f450cf6e.jpg

Reply: I'm kinda confused this morning; I need to re-check my work from yesterday. The .pdf Manual I was using did not have the photo or text you provided, which looks like a hard copy Yamaha Manual .... thank you for the information !

Addendum - Same Day 01.15.19 @ 11:30am CST: I was working with a 2014 FZ07 .pdf manual; the instructions sources yield the same result - In one, the 'Pushrod' is called the 'Adjustment Bolt'.

At the END of the adjustment process, with the Lock Nut secure, the bottom edge of the Pushrod and/or Adjustment bolt MUST be visible through the peep hole in the Yoke (as shown in photo above) and in line with two horizontal marks pressed into the Yoke. 

.PDF Version - 2014 manual

RBP-Adj.jpg

Just now, user1 said:

I'm kinda confused this morning; so I need to re-check my work from yesterday. the .pdf Manual I was using did not have the photo or text you provided from what looks like a hard copy Yamaha Manual .... thank you for the information !

I bet it does but under a different tab or chapter. The information I posted is from the Haynes Service Manual. The parts appear under 2 tabs, 'brakes' and 'routine maintanance'.  My guess is that it is similar in the Yamaha manual as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived