The MT-07 Forum

Backpacks

GAZ

I have the large AlpineStars backpack and I love it! I'll try and post up a picture tonight

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

• 1 year later...

I use an Alpinestars Aero backpack, I love it! Really well made, I have it ALL the time and never feel it. 

Lots of different pouch, helmet holder, rain cover, a zip to extend it if you need more space (and keep it small if you dont)...

I carry always a bunch of crap with... Wallet, phone, USB battery and cables, sunglasses, any beanie or hat I'm wearing, neck warmer, under gloves, high viz vest (since it's mandatory to have one with you in france), keys... This backpack is so convenient that I always grab it even if I'm not using the bike!!!

ASTARSTECHAERO.jpg

Baniere%20300x60_zpstsvyokit.jpg

pineappleunderthesea

Kriega R20 for me as well, although some of the packs posted here do look nice. I use the Kriega for commuting (laptop, etc) and anytime I'm taking longer rides, you never know when you'll pick something up! Kriega fits very well. No pressure points. I use to wear my work backpack (those swissgear things), but you could "feel" that one on you.

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty happy with the Ogio No Drag Mach5.  It's on the larger side, and I can fit my work laptop, cables, lunch, hydration pack, etc in it no problem.  One of my favorite features is that it has a holder for an extra visor for my helmet, so I can switch between day & night.  With this bag, there is no worry about forgetting to zip your bag. 
OGIO-No-Drag-Mach-5-Rucksack-Stealth-Master-1.jpg

I too wear the Ogio mach 5
tons of room and with the adjustable/moveable chest and waist straps, it makes it a dream if i need to pass it off to my gf while riding

use it mainly for school, I can carry 2 textbooks, calculator, laptop, charging cables and external storage accessories as well as my water bladder, a spare shield, chain lube, kindle, and a few spiral notebooks. Oh... and sunglasses
cant forget those

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I'm pretty happy with the Ogio No Drag Mach5.  It's on the larger side, and I can fit my work laptop, cables, lunch, hydration pack, etc in it no problem.  One of my favorite features is that it has a holder for an extra visor for my helmet, so I can switch between day & night.  With this bag, there is no worry about forgetting to zip your bag. 

+1 for Ogio. Spacious, adjustable and extra protection

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

• Premium Member

My research kept bringing me back to Kriega. This R-25 with the double clasp is an all around incredible pack; so comfortable even when fully loaded. It cinches up tight to accommodate all sized loads.  Im sold on their quality and plan to outfit my bike with more of their gear.

[attachment id=1535" thumbnail="1]

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

926177724319ad4b3c246ac9118d0cfc.jpg
Got this back in July the expandable portion zipper already busted on me but it's sweet overall. But the price tag is a bit steep.

Suzuki had a backpack promotion in 2004 if you bought a gsxr. Still have mine and its still in great shape. I was talking to a guy last summer who has the same backpack and had bought the identical bike to mine.
Its a pretty sweet little pack. Tried to find it online but no go.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I too wear the Ogio mach 5 tons of room and with the adjustable/moveable chest and waist straps, it makes it a dream if i need to pass it off to my gf while riding

use it mainly for school, I can carry 2 textbooks, calculator, laptop, charging cables and external storage accessories as well as my water bladder, a spare shield, chain lube, kindle, and a few spiral notebooks. Oh... and sunglasses
cant forget those

I really like the organization that pack has! I feel that is what the Kriega 25 is lacking to make it an outstanding pack.

- xCarbonSteelx

Man, I like everything about the Ogio- especially that it has high vis pack with black front straps... but the thing is huge on me. I wish they would make a smaller version.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

Not really a backpack, but I use an ancient BaileyWorks messenger bag. Works great and versatile for running around town. I wouldn't carry it on a long tour, but for running errands and toting a day's worth of stuff, it's more than adequate. Plus, BaileyWorks measures their volume in "Beer Can Capacity"...   :D

ProductDetail_SuperPro_ZoomInShot_v2.gif

926177724319ad4b3c246ac9118d0cfc.jpg Got this back in July the expandable portion zipper already busted on me but it's sweet overall. But the price tag is a bit steep.

I have this one, i have nothing but good to say about it. It doesnt feel like i have a backpack on because of the way it sits on my shoulders. For a commuting bag its great.

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

I too use this. I also use I now as my travel bag and can get up to 5 days worth of stuff in it.

I'm buying so much stuff for several short trips that instead of buying a tail bag or case I figured I could save some money and use my cargo net to hold this down or just wear it on my back. I wanted something 100% waterproof without having to throw a waterproof bag over it so I chose this. It's kind of the old school method but I don't care, it works and it's cheap. I have a kayak I use for fishing/exploring so it will serve as my dry bag as well and I may even take some hikes with it it's so versatile. $24.99 right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Leader-Accessories-Waterproof-Backpack-Climbing/dp/B00Y1WGVPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459098047&sr=8-1&keywords=Leader+Accessories+Waterproof+Backpack+Dry+Bag+for+Hiking+Climbing+Kayaking+Rafting

Beemer

Ogio also has a lifetime warranty on non-golf bags. I had a zipper fail and when I reported it, they had me cut out the front logo and send them a pic. As soon as I did, they shipped a new one.

Tired of wearing this 2 hours a day... http://www.kriega.us/r30-waterproof-motorcycle-backpack/

And just bought this:
http://www.kriega.us/us30-motorcycle-bag-luggage/

Waiting on it to be delivered
To each his own but good move, IMO. I'm not a fan of wearing things that may prevent me from doing a dive/tuck/roll over a vehicle if I have to.  The waterproof back pack (dry bag) I just bought will be strapped down to the rear. Nice tail bag, btw.

Beemer

autoentropy
Since some of us don't use tail bags or saddle bags. What backpack do you use on your bike? I will start it off with mine: 
It's American Kargo Trooper backpack.

american_kargo_trooper_backpack_detail.jpg

It's extremely comfortable to wear and has a room to strap stuff down like my jacket and helmet. I can strap it down the the bike as well. I always carry a small tool set in it when I'm out riding. So what do you all have or use? What do you normally have in it during your drive? Show us you packs!

Have the same in white. Love it. Especially the pistol compartment.

• Global Moderator
Since some of us don't use tail bags or saddle bags. What backpack do you use on your bike? I will start it off with mine: 
It's American Kargo Trooper backpack.

american_kargo_trooper_backpack_detail.jpg

It's extremely comfortable to wear and has a room to strap stuff down like my jacket and helmet. I can strap it down the the bike as well. I always carry a small tool set in it when I'm out riding. So what do you all have or use? What do you normally have in it during your drive? Show us you packs!

There's a pistol compartment? so its a range bag?

ive found the Mach 5 to be an ok range bag, but i can carry my AR or any of my smaller hard-cases
thinking about getting a rack made to replace the rear pillion just for that duty.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

autoentropy
There's a pistol compartment?  so its a range bag?

ive found the Mach 5 to be an ok range bag, but i can carry my AR or any of my smaller hard-cases

thinking about getting a rack made to replace the rear pillion just for that duty.

There is a pistol holser on the side of the pack. Thought it was a cool Arizona feature  :D

Archived