The MT-07 Forum

PCV Questions

stevenwashere12

stevenwashere12

Hey guys,

So now that winter is here I decided to do a little messing around with my 2018 MT07. I ordered myself an exhaust and K&N filter and found a wicked deal on a used PCV, so I scooped it up. It was off a 2015 model, but I figured they can't be too different.

Dropped in the filter, pulled the snorkel and put it the Power commander,  everything hooked up fine, etc. Now, the guy I bought it from had the tuner set up for his ride, but I figured worse came scenario is the bike is a little rich because I don't have the exhaust on yet, so I fired the bike up and it ran... kind of.

First problem I had was the TPS, the connection was just junk, so after some careful zip ties I got it to work perfectly, skip to the test ride and the bike is just falling on its face giving me error 33, misfire in first cylinder. 

Now here's my question before I pull this thing off. Could the misfire be a fuel/mapping problem, or has anyone seen connection issues with these units before, that's what I'm learning toward now because of the TPS problem but I'm not sure. Any input would be awesome. Thanks.

Point 1: found a wicked deal on a used PCV

Point 2: I fired the bike up and it ran... kind of.

Point 3: First problem I had was the TPS, the connection was just junk,

Point 4: so after some careful zip ties I got it to work perfectly

Point 5: falling on its face giving me error 33, misfire in first cylinder. 

Now here's my question before I pull this thing off. Could the misfire be a fuel/mapping problem,

Not to be a troll or anything misconstrued as anyting like being a mean person or stepping on anyones snowflake tail, but,
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/support/powercommander_faqs.aspx#1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

"S" 

I think the post above yours is for your informational needs.... 

'.....you will find a list of frequently asked Power Commander question. If you do not find a detailed answer to a listed question, or if you need more elaborate information regarding any of questions here, or any that you might have, one of our technical experts will be more than glad to answer these for you at 1-800-992-4993."

Archived