The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha FJ-09 photo leaked

redline27

Guest MXRider
Def. not for me.
You might change your mind if you were planning a trip from NY to LA. 
I think it looks good and should be a reasonably priced machine compared to the Super Tenere.

• Global Moderator

I still am more than happy with my FZ-07, but I want to ride the FZ-09 and the FJ-09 next year. I will never be able to convince my wife I need a new bike (she was great about me getting this one) so I have convinced myself I will hate them both no matter what :). Test rides will still be fun though. And that FZ-09 looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely looks better in some of the other actual photographs. I think Yamaha will sell that like crazy. Excellent engine their semi naked fairings in the past have always been really good for touring (my FZ06 half fairing was WAY better then my full fairing Ninja 650 for highway wind) Same went for the FZ1. The tipple will offer great power with excellent torque...ability to have bags...yeah I think they hit gold with that bike.

• Global Moderator

Yamaha's whole line-up is amazing if you ask me. It seems that they re-invented themselves.
Just a couple of years ago their models were boring and overpriced. Now I want one of each.

I've been teetering back and forth between a Ninja 650 and FZ6R for years. Now all of a sudden, I only really care about Yamaha, and what they're doing with their new platforms. Seems like they're completely re-writing the street-bike scene. Hopefully we'll see the other brands start offering some real competition to the new value bar yamaha has set.

Archived