The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Carbon

Intrexion

After months of waiting someone on the Dutch motor-forum.nl (motorcycle-forum) finally got their Carbon Akrapovic, here's a video:

Good find Intrexion...thanks for sharing. I think it sounds and looks pretty good!! Can't hardly wait until mine arrives. It was a hard decision for me between the Ti and the carbon. I like everything about the Ti but....for some reason the carbon was calling my name.

If this is anything like the Carbon vs. Ti exhausts for the FZ-09, the carbon will produce more power...So are you about looks, or performance? ;-)

So far it seems the TwoBros system has shown the biggest gains...

• 3 weeks later...

I guess aesthetics is a very personal thing.I prefer the look of the carbon over the titanium.
To me the titanium is too organic looking and reminds me of a fluke worm or leach..
The carbon has some nice angular profiles and looks more in keeping with the angular shapes of the bike.
Just my opinion.

I have to agree with ya on the fluke worm...to me the titanium version looks like some sort of stove pipe, I much prefer the carbon version based on looks alone

The bike in the first video does not have the dB killer (AKA baffle for us Aussies!) fitted.
This video does have the baffle fitted, but it is filmed inside...

• Premium Member

Looks like the Ti version has way more ground clearance, but hard to say for sure if the Carbon version would limit lean angles or not.

- Paulie

I think it sounds good with the baffle in - less like the sewing machine sound of the stock at idle and more of a low base rumble.To pass noise emissions here it must be less than 5dB louder than stock, and on my Aussie restricted bike stock is 90dB at 4000rpm.
Anyway, I'll find out in a couple of weeks as I've just ordered one!

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my Akra carbon installed for about two weeks now. Have not spent much time on it due to weather. The sound note is deeper without the db killer in and is the preferred sound for my liking. With that said, it sounds pretty darn nice with the db killer in. After removing the db killer and loving the sound , I got on and took it for a spin. With my helmet on it was almost as if I could feel my ears being damaged. Ear plugs solves that issue but I soon put the db killer back in and removed the ear plugs and have enjoyed it a great deal.

Archived