The MT-07 Forum

2018 MT-07 headlight swap?

3manfan

Hello all, new member here.

I've just purchased my 1st metric bike (2018 MT-07) after leaving Harley behind.

Love the bike but I prefer the headlight set-up of the FZ-09. Any opinions on whether or not the 09's headlight system can be adapted on to my 07?

Anyone know of this being done and/or can anyone suggest with whom I can check with about it?

Thanks!

3manfan

I tried the search bar in the top right corner but I didn't see where anyone had tried and accomplished that. I only skimmed the first page, you can look yourself, maybe you'll find something. GL!

Beemer

• Premium Member

I need to look at the 09's and see how they are wired together and how they are mounted to see if maybe they are compatible 

• 1 month later...

It is a bit of a pain. They use different connectors. There is a wiring diagram for an old fz09 going to the new mt09 headlight, it is similar. Yamaha uses a 6 pin connector on the new mt09 headlight, where the fz07 uses a 3 pin H4 connector, plus separate wiring for the running lights.

l6Fpmp8.jpg
IMGUR.COM

Post with 48 views. Finally got it wired up correctly.

• Like 7

Here is a diagram of the wiring. The running lights may not be the best 12v to grab from. Not sure if the fuse can handle the extra load. 303453737_fz07tofz09headlighwiring(1).thumb.jpg.9ab2d1a65d512ac36e8ae2d405729f81.jpg1252878063_fz07tofz09headlighwiring.thumb.jpg.059d32417689021cc28696e4c6b1abbe.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This is great! But where did you find the headlight? I've been looking all over for the headlight and can't find one. Don't really want to spend $500 on it either. I'm looking to adapt the headlight to the 2017 fz-07

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, coreyman said:

This is great! But where did you find the headlight? I've been looking all over for the headlight and can't find one. Don't really want to spend $500 on it either. I'm looking to adapt the headlight to the 2017 fz-07

I'm not aware of any headlight conversions for the FZ/MT-07 that's not pricey unfortunately.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

The 2018 headlight looks a lot like the FZ-09.  I did not add up all the parts, but it is less than $500. 

WWW.YAMAHAPARTSHOUSE.COM

Shop online for OEM Headlight parts that fit your 2018 Yamaha MT07 (MT07JGY), search all our OEM Parts or call at (231)737-4542

15 hours ago, mjh937 said:

The 2018 headlight looks a lot like the FZ-09.  I did not add up all the parts, but it is less than $500. 

WWW.YAMAHAPARTSHOUSE.COM

Shop online for OEM Headlight parts that fit your 2018 Yamaha MT07 (MT07JGY), search all our OEM Parts or call at (231)737-4542

I'm looking for the dual light like the OP has https://imgur.com/r/FZ07/l6Fpmp8

Not the single 'meaner' looking light.

• Global Moderator
6 hours ago, coreyman said:

I'm looking for the dual light like the OP has https://imgur.com/r/FZ07/l6Fpmp8

Not the single 'meaner' looking light.

Got it, I was thinking of the FZ-09 headlight, not the MT-09 one.  I forgot they changed it. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/15/2019 at 11:56 PM, xCaldazar said:

It is a bit of a pain. They use different connectors. There is a wiring diagram for an old fz09 going to the new mt09 headlight, it is similar. Yamaha uses a 6 pin connector on the new mt09 headlight, where the fz07 uses a 3 pin H4 connector, plus separate wiring for the running lights.

l6Fpmp8.jpg
IMGUR.COM

Post with 48 views. Finally got it wired up correctly.

do you have a write up on this or something? Im ready to get messy with some wires if it allows me to get this on my 07!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...