Sign in to follow this  
3manfan

2018 MT-07 headlight swap?

3manfan

Hello all, new member here.

I've just purchased my 1st metric bike (2018 MT-07) after leaving Harley behind.

Love the bike but I prefer the headlight set-up of the FZ-09. Any opinions on whether or not the 09's headlight system can be adapted on to my 07?

Anyone know of this being done and/or can anyone suggest with whom I can check with about it?

Thanks!

3manfan

TylerNT02

I agree with you, I prefer the look of the 09 better

Beemer

I tried the search bar in the top right corner but I didn't see where anyone had tried and accomplished that. I only skimmed the first page, you can look yourself, maybe you'll find something. GL!

Beemer

TylerNT02

I need to look at the 09's and see how they are wired together and how they are mounted to see if maybe they are compatible 

3manfan

Outstanding....thank you, let me know what you think when you can.

xCaldazar

It is a bit of a pain. They use different connectors. There is a wiring diagram for an old fz09 going to the new mt09 headlight, it is similar. Yamaha uses a 6 pin connector on the new mt09 headlight, where the fz07 uses a 3 pin H4 connector, plus separate wiring for the running lights.

l6Fpmp8.jpg
IMGUR.COM

Post with 48 views. Finally got it wired up correctly.

• Like 3

xCaldazar

Here is a diagram of the wiring. The running lights may not be the best 12v to grab from. Not sure if the fuse can handle the extra load. 303453737_fz07tofz09headlighwiring(1).thumb.jpg.9ab2d1a65d512ac36e8ae2d405729f81.jpg1252878063_fz07tofz09headlighwiring.thumb.jpg.059d32417689021cc28696e4c6b1abbe.jpg

coreyman

This is great! But where did you find the headlight? I've been looking all over for the headlight and can't find one. Don't really want to spend $500 on it either. I'm looking to adapt the headlight to the 2017 fz-07

DewMan
1 hour ago, coreyman said:

This is great! But where did you find the headlight? I've been looking all over for the headlight and can't find one. Don't really want to spend $500 on it either. I'm looking to adapt the headlight to the 2017 fz-07

I'm not aware of any headlight conversions for the FZ/MT-07 that's not pricey unfortunately.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

mjh937

The 2018 headlight looks a lot like the FZ-09.  I did not add up all the parts, but it is less than $500. 

WWW.YAMAHAPARTSHOUSE.COM

Shop online for OEM Headlight parts that fit your 2018 Yamaha MT07 (MT07JGY), search all our OEM Parts or call at (231)737-4542

coreyman
15 hours ago, mjh937 said:

The 2018 headlight looks a lot like the FZ-09.  I did not add up all the parts, but it is less than $500. 

WWW.YAMAHAPARTSHOUSE.COM

Shop online for OEM Headlight parts that fit your 2018 Yamaha MT07 (MT07JGY), search all our OEM Parts or call at (231)737-4542

I'm looking for the dual light like the OP has https://imgur.com/r/FZ07/l6Fpmp8

Not the single 'meaner' looking light.

mjh937
6 hours ago, coreyman said:

I'm looking for the dual light like the OP has https://imgur.com/r/FZ07/l6Fpmp8

Not the single 'meaner' looking light.

Got it, I was thinking of the FZ-09 headlight, not the MT-09 one.  I forgot they changed it.