The MT-07 Forum

LED signals - relay help

dewski

I am finishing up my tidy tail and installing LED signals both front and rear.  The fronts are already installed. At first I didn't think I minded how fast they flashed but I really think I would like to go back to the more steady stock flashing interval.  I have heard it is a simple relay...but is there a more detailed write up on it somewhere with where to get part(s) and photos showing where/how to install?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Guru, That helps a ton! Now, where is the best place to get a relay that will slow the blink rate for both the front & rear LEDs ??

If you do a search on amazon.Com for motorcycle led turn signals you find couple relays for leds. I haven't done mine yet but researched options, anyway keep us posted on results.

This relay has been used by several members, myself included. It was found and recommended by user @manuel when he did his tail tidy. 
http://www.customled.com/products/elfr-1-electronic-led-flasher-relay
awesome thanks! last question, do I only need one or is there one for the front signals and one for the rear?

also, this is a strange thing....when using the hazard flashers with my LEDs installed, it flashes slow just like stock

• Global Moderator

I think there might be enough resistance with all four LED signals flashing to slow the rate. Although I have not yet done it I am fairly sure there is only one relay for the system. LED signals are on my to do list.

• Global Moderator

Yes, there is only one relay. And like @mjh937 says, all 4 signals at once is enough to make them normal flash rate. When you replace the relais with a non stock one, you will probably not be able to use the rubber thingy. So you will have to use a tie wrap or something to secure it to the frame.

Yes, there is only one relay. And like @mjh937 says, all 4 signals at once is enough to make them normal flash rate. When you replace the relais with a non stock one, you will probably not be able to use the rubber thingy. So you will have to use a tie wrap or something to secure it to the frame.
Holy wow... I used to work for the company that invented the Ty-Rap and because of that, I've become a little extra-sensitive to the brand name vs "zip ties" and you're one of the very few people I've seen actually refer to it that way.  Good job!  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Archived