The MT-07 Forum

Woodcraft clip-ons for 2018+ models?

Fugitive

Hi all,

Hope everyone's festive season is going well.  Just wondering if anyone has any experience fitting the Woodcraft clip-ons + adapter plate to 2018+ MT-07 models?

The Woodcraft site only lists compatibility up to the 2017 FZ-07 models, though some sites list the kit as fitting 2018 models.

As far as I know, there weren't any handlebar/control changes with the 2018 model refresh.  I've emailed Woodcraft and I'm awaiting a response, but it would be great to know if anyone out there has any real-world experience installing this kit on a 2018 model?

Cheers,

Fugitive

Well, if anyone else is looking for the answer to this...

I received a really quick reply from Eric at Woodcraft, who said he's reviewed all the part numbers for the assembly and gauges that hold their adapter plate and they are the same for the 2018 model year.  

He's confident that their clip-ons and adapter plate will work just fine with the 2018 bikes :)

Looks like I'll be heading down to clip-on town!

What he fails to realize is even thought the chassis didn't change I think the tank did a little but maybe that was only around the seat area.  Anyways I just did this to my 2018 a few weeks ago. 

Get the setup with 1.5" risers if you want to run them in the more aggressive upside down direction.  This will clear your gas tank with 2mm to spare but it'll crush your thumb at full bar lock.  If you want room for your thumbs at full bar lock then you'll also need the 20mm riser spacers which space out the bars 20mm forward which is a double plus for someone with long arms and feels the bike is a little stubby in the cockpit.  The hardest part will be figuring out how to reroute your throttle and clutch cables for the newer aggressive position. 

2 hours ago, RojoRacing said:

What he fails to realize is even thought the chassis didn't change I think the tank did a little but maybe that was only around the seat area.  Anyways I just did this to my 2018 a few weeks ago. 

Get the setup with 1.5" risers if you want to run them in the more aggressive upside down direction.  This will clear your gas tank with 2mm to spare but it'll crush your thumb at full bar lock.  If you want room for your thumbs at full bar lock then you'll also need the 20mm riser spacers which space out the bars 20mm forward which is a double plus for someone with long arms and feels the bike is a little stubby in the cockpit.  The hardest part will be figuring out how to reroute your throttle and clutch cables for the newer aggressive position. 

Thanks for the info!

Based on what I've read, I'll try them in the up position first.  I'm not tall, around 5'10" with average arms and find the stock bars just a bit too close.  I'm still deciding which risers to go with, but I think I'll try the 1.5".

Cheers for the info on the cables, I was wondering if I'd need to buy new cables/brake lines to go with the kit.

How are you finding the experience of your new bar setup?

Are there different versions for the 09 and 07? I found a set of 09 woodcraft on offerup for 50 bucks barely used and I want to buy them for my 07 if and only if they fit

Archived