The MT-07 Forum

Whatcha Get For Christmas

Evill_Ed

1 hour ago, fzar said:

2CA759D6-1492-4E81-93AA-19B81D07F2C4.jpegI got a X-fourteen, tried it out today and wow what a helmet.

Link and review, please.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Hey @Beemer here's the link: https://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/hot+deals/street+helmets+40-70+percent+off/shoei_x-14+helmet+-+kagayama+5+grey its at $539.95 now, (I got it sub $5) they must of heard zilla soldout a $700 in both colours.

A friend of mine put me on to this model from Shoei. My AGV K3 SV is dated as a 2015 manufacturer dated and I was going to be looking at a replacement in the spring that I had budgeted for about the 5 benjamin mark at max. When I heard about it from my buddy, I looked into it and it was full-price, way too much for me. The opportunity arose and I bit the bullet. I rode about 100 miles today 50/30/20, Highway/street/twisty.

The highway was first (no ear-plugs) it was loud (which I knew it would be) pulled off and inserted ear-plugs, brilliant. The aerodynamics are outstanding, it has almost no buffeting and it was windy here today. It feels like it's not even there other than the wind protection at a wristfull in top gear. The peripheral vision is so good it almost freaked me out, upright or in a tuck. The forward vision in tuck position is great (it's also adjustable by moving the inner pads).

On the street in traffic, again vision was outstanding, the only problem I had was the shield fogging up at low speed (I didn't put in the pinlock thats supplied) and the shield lock takes a bit to get used to.

The twisties were the same as said above, the vision, stability, comfort, quality are all top notch. The main reason for gettin it is that it has crazy ventilation and moves a lot of air, it even has a vent that channels air to your cheeks that will be very useful in the Arkansas hot summers , and safety of course. It's not cheap, it's a race helmet , that so far I can tell it works really well for the street. The quality is outstanding, my only beef with it is I'd have to have 2 visors, 1 tinted + clear 1 supplied or the photochromic 1 offered by Shoei that's expensive and doesn't have very good reviews.    

I got underwear, dang gum underwear

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator
23 hours ago, r1limited said:

I got underwear, dang gum underwear

Now you can switch out the ones you've been wearing the past 2 years

Started smelling you over here in phnx :P

got cookies

lots and lots of cookies

and spaghetti 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived